First 1,000yd match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am assuming that there will be 4 man squads.......2 shooters pair firing, one spotter/score keeper, and one in the pits.
I am also assuming that the 8-9-1000 yard targets will be the official NRA long range target and that scoring will be the same.....I.E. shots touching a scoring ring receive the higher value.
I think it's really great that Pete and Steve are giving the in-line guys a trial run at long range shooting.
Hopefully it will become popular and be continued every year.
Expect Encore to have a full write-up with lots of pics. X

I am assuming that there will be 4 man squads.......2 shooters pair firing, one spotter/score keeper, and one in the pits.
I am also assuming that the 8-9-1000 yard targets will be the official NRA long range target and that scoring will be the same.....I.E. shots touching a scoring ring receive the higher value.
I think it's really great that Pete and Steve are giving the in-line guys a trial run at long range shooting.
Hopefully it will become popular and be continued every year.
Expect Encore to have a full write-up with lots of pics. X
X- ring Pete and Steve passed the Match on to Ray Hoppy. Update Steve passed away few years ago

X-ring ............. I have no clue what I'm getting myself into but going to have fun and learn. My first trip to Friendship was very intimidating.

I'll just wait until someone tells me to load and shoot and start sending them towards the "X" ;)
forgot to mention Radio's for the Pits to talk to the line. Line isn't covered and need to bring snacks because they don't break for lunch

forgot to mention Radio's for the Pits to talk to the line. Line isn't covered and need to bring snacks because they don't break for lunch
Don't forget spare batteries!
Encore....with all your shooting stuff on the firing line, remember......K.I.S.S. It will save you time.
Also don't forget, if you take 3 sighters and 10 shots for score, that gives you roughly 2 minutes and 20 seconds between shots if you want to finish in your 30 minute time limit.
I would strongly recommend in your practice sessions at home that you actually time yourself to duplicate how you will be shooting at the match. Add in a little time for communicating with your spotter and taking a peek through your spotting scope. If you get your ducks in a row, you will have ample time to finish [but not if you talk or dawdle around].
Just curious, once you are on target, are you going to make sight corrections using the turrets or by "holding off"? X

Don't forget spare batteries!
Encore....with all your shooting stuff on the firing line, remember......K.I.S.S. It will save you time.
Also don't forget, if you take 3 sighters and 10 shots for score, that gives you roughly 2 minutes and 20 seconds between shots if you want to finish in your 30 minute time limit.
I would strongly recommend in your practice sessions at home that you actually time yourself to duplicate how you will be shooting at the match. Add in a little time for communicating with your spotter and taking a peek through your spotting scope. If you get your ducks in a row, you will have ample time to finish [but not if you talk or dawdle around].
Just curious, once you are on target, are you going to make sight corrections using the turrets or by "holding off"? X

I prefer to make adjustments with the turrets but with the reticle I have, I can adjust without using the turrets.

NXS - MOAR file.jpg

The flyer says blackhorn 84 by weight or 120 by volume... Is that just stating max charge? It doesnt mean you have to use that much, correct?

Might add that , the match at Atterbury is first 2 days of National Spring Championship at Friendship Range, Nationals last all that week to Sunday. Just saying those that attend , could kill 2 birds one stone, make nice vacation to southern Indiana.

Back