First muzzleloader, first muzzleloader hunt.. FUN!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X711

Reaction score
Local WMA (public land) had a first ever muzzleloader hog hunt season. So I used the cabela's points on a closeout Traditions Canyon (buckstalker) .50 inline..
shooting 250gr. shockwaves and 2x 50gr. 777 pellets.
Cabelas 3-9x40 blackpowder scope on cabelas 2 pcs. mounts (going to change out to 1 piece setup and scope isnt' mounting up perfectly straight either on vertical or horizontal planes..

anyways its sighted in for now and hit its mark.. liked the smoke so much I ordered a cap/ball revolver also..

DSCN0532.jpg

if picture doesn't show up here is link: http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/ ... CN0532.jpg

Congrats! Those critters are making their way into KY so I might get the chance to hunt them in the not too distant future.

Welcome to the forum. That really is a nice hog... how far away were you from the beast?

:D

Lets get those pork chops on the grill....... Congrats. Nice hawg :!:
Glad you joined the group. Welcome........

Ray....... :wink:

Welcome to the board. Looks like another MZ convert. I can already smell the chops!

cayuga said:
Welcome to the forum. That really is a nice hog... how far away were you from the beast?

40 yard shot from about a 15 ft. treestand in fairly thick cover. Actually only had one spot on that side to shoot through and had to do left (weak) handed shot.
Thanks all, and yes the smoke is addicting.. already have a ball/cap pistol coming for even more smoke fun..

Back