• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD For sale. TC Omega and Gonic GA 87

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I find myself on hard times.
The Omega is stainless/ synthetic and in excellent condition. I believe its first year production. Serial # S398x. It showed very little use when I bought it and I've put 30 rounds of BH209 loads through it. Comes with a Weaver base and factory open sights.
The Gonic is a GA87 .44 caliber. It is unfired. It has the factory scope bases attached and a Williams aperture sight. The open breech striker is installed and it comes with the " closed breech" assembly. It comes with the original box and all the paperwork, including the ( now useless) warranty card.Its blued/ walnut. The stock has one small ding on the left side of the butt. I suspect this was a store rack model. The sight hood and aperture insert are missing. The muzzle blueing has a shiny spot from rubbing on the wood block in the box.
I slugged the barrel. Bore is .421 groove .428
Asking $ 250 each plus shipping. Thanks.

Have you shot conicals in the Omega? Just wondering if the QLA is a problem child or not...
I'm trying to talk myself out of biting on this. I no longer own any T/C guns with a QLA for a reason!

Haven't shot conical. It does like the 250 gr XTP in Harvester crush rib sabots over 50 grains ( weighed) of BH209 1550 fps ( chrono'd). Winchester primers give a great seal on this plug. No blowback.
Has a great trigger too...

you could try shooting the .45 460 gr bull shop in a sabot from it or Eds big conical.. I plan on trying them from my Omegas both with and w/o a sabot.

toytruck said:
Have you shot conicals in the Omega? Just wondering if the QLA is a problem child or not...
I'm trying to talk myself out of biting on this. I no longer own any T/C guns with a QLA for a reason!

Just can't get past the thought of that QLA, was hoping someone would buy it by now. Besides I have five muzzy's that shoot absolutely great so I'm not in the market, besides my gun safe is full!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back