Friends

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just lost another beautiful spot. Old farmer and landowner sold out, he was always good to me. Seems like the norm lately.
My wife said pray the Lord opens something up for you. The wisdom of a good wife. I saw a good friend who is like a brother to me. We don`t spent the time together like we use to. You know how it goes , commitments, jobs, family. Anyway to make a long story short he said come hunt my property. He expressed how thankful he was on the knowledge I passed on to him about hunting etc. You don`t have to ask just hunt. It moved me him being so giving. He always had a good heart. If you get something we will get it out together. All I can say is I am so thankful for the value of a good friend. Thanks for listening. Good day.

Last edited:
I just lost another beautiful spot. Old farmer and landowner sold out, he was always good to me. Seems like the norm lately.
My wife said pray the Lord opens something up for you. The wisdom of a good wife. I saw a good friend who is like a brother to me. We don`t spent the time together like we use to. You know how it goes , commitments, jobs, family. Anyway to make a long story short he said come hunt my property. He expressed how thankful he was on the knowledge I passed on to him about hunting etc. You don`t have to ask just hunt. It moved me him being so giving. He always had a good heart. If you get something we will get it out together. All I can say is I am so thankful for the value of a good friend. Thanks for listening. Good day.
Good friends never dissapear. They re-appear when you see them. I'm fortunate to have a few hunting friends I've known over 40 years.

JJ, I’m glad you shared your story. You mentioned how thankful he was for the hunting knowledge you passed on to him. Sounds like with his kindness you might have instilled sportsman like qualities too.

A favorite saying “ A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.”

Thank you for this story! I have lost several hunting properties over the years. Most were due to deaths and land sold.
I have out lived two of my hunting buddies. Land owners I hunt on now are older than my 70 years. When they go that will finish my hunts.

JJ, I’m glad you shared your story. You mentioned how thankful he was for the hunting knowledge you passed on to him. Sounds like with his kindness you might have instilled sportsman like qualities too.

A favorite saying “ A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.”
That was my intended purpose! Thank you

My Dad told me years ago that you have a lot of associates and very few Friends! Dad was right, as usual! Cherish your family and friends!

Back