friendship Indiana

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fivebull. I know 2 guys be there to shoot with there dad. :yeah:

Here are some photos of the covered Firing line at Friendship.
This is just part of the 1/4 mile long covered firing line.
If you look at first photo you might see a guy with bibs in the distance. You can see him better in the 2nd photo. Where the photo was taken is the silhouette line, where the guy in bib's is the area where paper target would be shot. Might give you an idea for the in-line match.
3rd photo is not uncommon from your spotter!

Attachments

• 6 08 LRML line a.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 6 08 LRML line b.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 6 08 LRML sleepb.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 1,082
Nice photos, which should be shared to new shooters. Very nice. I'm having a better idea of what I'm about to get myself into.

I've said it before, it would be OUTSTANDING, if a short video of how the range and match is ran for new shooters. I posted the match .jpg I was sent on other forums, where a few say they want to come, if only to watch. Can't blame new shooters for being a little intimidated.
I'd really like to share the photos, with permission........

this area of the line is a little more laid back than the other end. The long range shooters are great bunch of guys

Encore50A: no problem on Friendship photo sharing.

In-Line Match format:
Shooters have to walk father down the line (past the guy in the bibs about 50 yds) to the target shed/scores table to get their target for each relay. Scorers will staple your target to a cardboard backer. (might be good to bring you own staple gun, might come in handy out at the target frames!)
Walk out to post your the target.
Shoot unlimited sighters and 5 shots for score on 6-bull target. (upper left bull is for all the sighters) in 30 min. i.e. 3 min/shot = 8-9 shots easily.
At end of relay, retrieve target and take it to target shed/scores table.
Repeat for 100 & 200 (200 is 8 total shots on single red bull - score best 5)
Ample time is given for shooters to post target - mostly slightly longer than the slowest target being posted.
LUNCH
Relocate to silhouettes
4 relays (probably) you either shoot chickens or pigs (because there is not enough banks of animals). Someone will spot/score for you the first relay, then you for them the second. If you 2 shoot chickens the first two relays, then you'll shoot pigs the next two relays. There are usually people watching that can assist with odd # of shooters.
Unlimited sighters at the sighter animal on the post. Then once declaring ready to shoot animals - you have to shoot left-to-right at the 5 animals in the 30 min relay.

That information, is information that the new shooters (me) would like to know. The photos of the range really help with information also. I suggested to Bob, if the site had a short introduction video, explaining the necessary items needed, optional equipment and the procedures, it may encourage some to be less intimidated.

I will be there either as a shooter or spectator. Trying to get a shooter together now.

One more purchase for the shoot and also home and the club range. I don't plan on using the front of the FCX rest but, had to play with the adjustments and seat height, I just used the front of the FCX. I should be getting my front rest in a couple days, while I have everything else put together. Its a minimum 9 hour drive to Friendship, so I'll be traveling on Thursday, spending a couple nights in Laweranceburg. Friday will be a good day to locate and review the range and facilities. Maybe even shoot a few rounds.

The list is put together and items ready to be checked off when I load the truck............. Looking forward to meeting some of the great shooters and hopefully learning from them.

Dadburnit! Yeah, I got my April Fool's joke yesterday in the mail. It ain't no joke either

The envelope contained a SUMMONS, which informs me that I'm on Jury Watch from April 1st until June 30th. Then it goes on to tell me that April 8th and April 28th, are my first assigned days. APRIL 28TH !? That's way to close to the May 2nd match, which is at least a 10 hour one way drive.

just call them and say you already have a paid vacation for that time and reschedule you...

any ways have a great time at Friendship...it will be a ton of fun ..I would love to go just to learn from the best...at least you partakin in a shoot of a lifetime for muzzle loaders...

Just go and enjoy yourself....good luck....

AL

ENCORE50A said:

Dadburnit! Yeah, I got my April Fool's joke yesterday in the mail. It ain't no joke either

The envelope contained a SUMMONS, which informs me that I'm on Jury Watch from April 1st until June 30th. Then it goes on to tell me that April 8th and April 28th, are my first assigned days. APRIL 28TH !? That's way to close to the May 2nd match, which is at least a 10 hour one way drive.

Made the trip with a flyer to the county clerk's office yesterday. Although I may have to go tomorrow, they excused me for the 28th :yeah:

bestill said:

I didn't even have to resort to begging :lol: Nice thing about up here, EVERYBODY hunts. Men, women, kids..... heck at one time and as I understand it, they used to close the schools on Nov. 15th! Bob sent me a flyer in .jpg format, so I printed that out for the documentation and proof it was actually happening. She was going to make a copy of it, but I told her she could keep it. Now I do have to call in tonight for a possible seating tomorrow but, trials up here are normally settled before it reaches a jury. Those that don't, don't last over a day. Small rural community.
Looking forward to meeting fellow shooters and learning.

Glad it worked out for you...Now you can have a great time at Friendship....Good Luck

Al

Back