friendship Indiana

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those preparing for the NMLRA in-line matches may want to try some vintage shooting positions.

Attachments

• C&I American.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 866
  • C&I Brits.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 866

Attachments

• C&I Irish.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 870
  • C&I Scots.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 870
Just pre-registered on-line thru the NMLRA website. PayPal was set up to pay thru. Pretty easy.

52Bore said:
Just pre-registered on-line thru the NMLRA website. PayPal was set up to pay thru. Pretty easy.

I may do that myself, as I need to pay attention to everything I can see or hear when I get there. Room is already reserved. I had originally thought of traveling on Thursday, but have since changed that to an early Friday start. Heck, I may change it back too, depending on traveling weather.

Well weather report for Saturday inline match is perfect and sounds like there will be great turnout with many new shooters. Thats exciting for the inline shooters. There will be all types of inlines competing from old technology to new custom and best part all will shoot with precision accuracy. Great fun. Hurry up Saturday!!!!!

bestill said:
Well weather report for Saturday inline match is perfect and sounds like there will be great turnout with many new shooters. Thats exciting for the inline shooters. There will be all types of inlines competing from old technology to new custom and best part all will shoot with precision accuracy. Great fun. Hurry up Saturday!!!!!

If you seen my 50 and 100yd targets I shot yesterday, you'd have to change one of the above sentences........

I can't spell redicolus right so, how about pitiful................

However........ where can ANYONE go where there will be so much knowledge and the abilities to learn as the Friendship inline match?

Good news on weather report.
Can't believe everyone wouldn't want it like the first match.. mid-30's and wind gust for each temp degree!

Encore...the first time there is not about how good you shoot...it will be the wealth of knowledge you will obtain...i would love to go just to watch...and once there you will do fine...Call carlos and have him give you the encouragement speech..lol....have a great time and pick brains..and have a safe trip there...

GOOD LUCK
Al

Al-53 said:
Encore...the first time there is not about how good you shoot...it will be the wealth of knowledge you will obtain...i would love to go just to watch...and once there you will do fine...Call carlos and have him give you the encouragement speech..lol....have a great time and pick brains..and have a safe trip there...

GOOD LUCK
Al

Thank you. I'm hoping to get some great advice and learn. Its going to be a whole lot of fun shooting with others. Few if any designated muzzleloader shooters up my way. Some hunt with them just to extend their season, but short of that, nobody shows up at the range with a muzz, everybody shoots a CF.

well inline match today was great weather in 70s and virtually no wind with 37 competitors. perfect score for today was 170- 15x
blake hamilton overall winner 169-8x shooting bestill custom knight
greg fisk unlimited class 1 st 169-7x shooting bestill custom omega
j. day unlimited class 2nd 167-4x knight rifle
[BESTILL] jeff fisk unlimited class 3rd shooting bestill custom knight

r. weber hunter class 1st place 164-6x knight rifle
g. edwards hunter class 2nd place 157 knight rifle
mark miller hunter class 3rd place 155-4x knight rifle

BESTILL CUSTOM MUZZLELOADER SHOOTERS
left greg fisk , center blake hamilton, right [bestill] jeff fisk

special thanks to all sponsors and nmlra staff and cordinators for a great inline shoot . great turn out 37 shooters
PSALMS 46-10

I believe there were 2 custom knight 1 custom omega and 3 fast twist factory knights and 1 - 30 twist factory knight in top 7 spots and think all were 45 cal

Good shooting , Bestill . Blake was a big surprise . and this a thanks to all the shooters who came to the Match. It was some very good competition .
Fivebull match directer

Also would like to thank Knight Rifle for donating a rifle to be given away. Swiss powder donated a case of powder to give away, and Burris scope, Hodgdon powder also.

I had a ball! Wasn't a single shooter there that wouldn't help out a "first timer".

I don't get that much BP residue all over me in 2 years of shooting by myself... :lol:

Thank you to everyone who helped and offered advice.

fivebull said:
Also would like to thank Knight Rifle for donating a rifle to be given away. Swiss powder donated a case of powder to give away, and Burris scope, Hodgdon powder also.

Fivebull,
Thanks for all that you do to organize and promote this inline match.. future looks great.

WV Hunter said:
Sounds like ya'll had a great time! :D

Encore, how'd you do for a first timer?

154........... I learned a ton of really helpful information. There wasn't any constant wind but what wind there was, was all over the place. I watched a large red flag blow straight out to the NW, where two yellow flags to the west laid limp. Then the opposite would happen or, they'd both be pointing towards the center or, hanging straight down. I learned more about how hot my barrel can get in 30 minutes and how the POI would rise. I also learned before the match started when I wanted to foul the barrel with a couple rounds, SHOOT THEM IN ORDER, LEFT TO RIGHT. :lol: I was there early and one of the guys said he'd spot for me when I fouled. He asked me what I would be shooting at and I chose the turkeys in the right hand group (400yds). I sent the first round and down went a turkey. Sent another round and down went the second turkey. We talked for a minute and he asked if I was going to shoot another? Heck, why not one more. That's when I made my first mistake. He told me with 3 turkeys there, I'd be shooting at the 3rd bird. I though what the heck, counted over to the third bird on the end and sent a round. Down went the turkey. THAT'S when I learned the order and that the 3rd bird I was supposed to shoot at, was the 3rd from the left, or next standing bird. Not the third bird left on the rail. Well I killed it but it wouldn't have counted in a match :lol:

I had fun, plain and simple. Where else is a guy from the "tundra" going to go where there's that many shooting a muzz? Long trip, long drive with 1,084 miles and about 18 hours total on the road.

Back