friendship Indiana

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Encore....you had fun and learned alot for your first time...thats what its all about...and you will prob learn more the next time...i would love to attend an event like that...just for the learning...and the fun....yopu made the long drive there cause it was something you wanted to do...and it paid off...plus you got to meet lots of people...The Bestill Gunners..lol...congrats to them...

you did well for first time

Al

BESTILL GUNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like that, good name for them. If you go to a match you will know bestill is there. Rifle sounds like a 105 Howitzer.
Joking aside they can shoot

fivebull said:
BESTILL GUNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like that, good name for them. If you go to a match you will know bestill is there. Rifle sounds like a 105 Howitzer.
Joking aside they can shoot

Joking??????? It did sound like a Howitzer, a BIG ONE! I seen guys using ear plugs AND ear muffs. He about caught that post on fire.... :lol:

Yes, the BESTILL GUNNERS can shoot. :wink:

I don't know what a 105 sounds like, but these gets your attention. Certainly more than my 85gr Swiss-ha.
Glad to see Blake H. back shooting. He was the only one I can remember attempting the OLD in-line match held on the LR silhouette line probably 15 years ago. I told him congrats on his shooting and I'll always remember him trying like crazy to hit those gongs...
Bestill and gang certainly have the smokeless guns working - they all 3 shot well.
Jason was in their but it wasn't his day, nor mine.
Weather was wonderful, thought I'd see a few 170's..
Great to see LOTS of new faces and stories..
For me a few stand out:
1) Blake back in action and glad he did well -actually all the top shooters I expected to see (and thought I might see 1 or 2 new ones) Don't know what happen to JimS last years winner?
2) G. Edwards from Knight actually shooting (he's their GM). Although he and I were both shooting old Disc 45 1:20. I actually gave him bullets Friday and help him sight in -then I told him he was on his own as I gave him settings, he did the rest.
3) Garry M. from Knight (employee) shooting as well. He was so excited just to hit the target at 200! I know he's already talking about coming back.
4) Kenny Y. who shot 50-3x at 200, then said he couldn't hit anything after. He and I talked a lot he'll certainly come back.
5) Meeting many new shooters and seeing old friends.
6) What the heck happened to Remington? Heard from the Shot show and NRA show they were coming.
7) Knight supporting and donating a rifle - again...
You guys reading this stuff have got to make an effort to come -Like Encore50a.

I would love to come to one of these 52Bore. Should have gone to Oak Ridge. Please make sure to keep us posted when these events take place.

Other things that stood out over the weekend.
I had 5-6 new shooters who said when they come back - they'll be shooting heavier bullets.
Jason said the group from VA indicated the same.. This included Fred who shot the 38. He was like the Crane bros in the first match with their White 38. Did well until the animals. Certainly good shooters.
Two wives even shot - got to give them credit!

Latest posts

Back