Front globe question?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Lyman 57 mounted on a White G Series .504.
What would be the best front globe to mount and keep the sights as low as possible? Trying to decide between the Lyman 17 AHB or the Williams with the low base that mounts with screws.

1645794327508.png

Attachments

• 1645794126481.png
    1645794126481.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 5
I think they both can take the same inserts. I've never used the Williams globe, just the 17, its a nice front sight. Williams makes good quality sights too. So for me it would be whichever has the correct height available at a lower price.

Last edited:
The 17 globe style sights will take Lee Shavers sight inserts. They’re finer and just the thing for accurate target work. I’ve found a few different fiber optic front sights that work well for low light hunting situations.
Once you have two sights sized for the dovetail on a particular rifle make sure you mark them somehow so you can swap as needed.

The 17 globe style sights will take Lee Shavers sight inserts. They’re finer and just the thing for accurate target work. I’ve found a few different fiber optic front sights that work well for low light hunting situations.
Once you have two sights sized for the dovetail on a particular rifle make sure you mark them somehow so you can swap as needed.

Will the 17 globe sight dovetail fit the existing dovetail in the front sight ramp?

I have mounted a Williams FP peep on my knight. I also used a Lyman 17ahb in the front sight ramp.

OGXCidf.jpg

The 17 AHB is taller than the original sight. I measured the height difference between the original one and the 17 AHB. Then I made a spacer under the peep sight.

QSPL1Rf.jpg

I had to use a cheek riser to get the right cheek weld.

7MAWVW8.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back