Omega muzzle brake

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got Marks 24'' sml barrel for my Omega but not have shot it yet.I plan to shoot 32-35 of n110 powder or as in my Knight sml 55-60 grains of IMR4198 poweder.With that short of a barrel I am concerned about he recoil.I shoot 200 grain bullets and I have Boyds t/h varmit stock on it,I was thinking about a muzzle brake for it before I begin to shoot it.May noy use it this year,so I have time to get done if need be.txs

I got Marks 24'' sml barrel for my Omega but not have shot it yet.I plan to shoot 32-35 of n110 powder or as in my Knight sml 55-60 grains of IMR4198 poweder.With that short of a barrel I am concerned about he recoil.I shoot 200 grain bullets and I have Boyds t/h varmit stock on it,I was thinking about a muzzle brake for it before I begin to shoot it.May noy use it this year,so I have time to get done if need be.txs
At 32g N110 with the 200g bullets, you shouldn't need a brake, but at 35g you may want to consider it.

I shot the 195g Barnes with 32g of N110 a couple of weeks back through my 26” Woodman barrel without a brake and the recoil is not bad at all. I have never been recoil sensitive though.

How do you load gun with muzzle brake?
Look at the situation realistically. If you have a screw-on brake, leave it finger-tight. With muzzleloaders, you’re only gonna get one shot at a time anyway. One shot ain’t gonna blow off the brake. So shoot, unscrew the brake, reload, re-install the brake, and have at it. This will only add five or ten seconds to your reloading process.

Back