Getting into Flintlock hunting...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyj

Reaction score
Hi All, been hunting deer with an inline, outside of center fire rifle season, here in PA for a few years now. Really want to take advantage of the states flintlock season, so probably going to give up the inline and go that way. Wondering if anyone has experience with the RMC flintlock? Looks like a good hunting rifle. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Best,
bennyj

Bennyj I have used RMC's accusporter for about 10 years or so for PA's late season. I have known the owner of RMC since we were teenagers. The RMC rifle is made with green mountain barrel and an L & R lock both of which are quality products. I have two barrels for mine, one with a 1 - 48 twist and the other 1 - 28 twist. I have used both barrels to hunt with success in each. The 1 - 48 barrel is best with round ball or bore size conicals and the 1 - 28 barrel uses pistol bullets in a sabot. I found a knapped flint works best in my gun. My gun is left hand so unless you can shoot lefty mine would not be a good choice for you to try.

Thanks Paul, appreciate the info. I'm going to try to take a look at the rifles at a shop that I see stocks them up near grove city. I didn't realize they were available with different twist rates.

Latest posts

Back