Giving glory to God

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This may be a touchy subject but whatever.  For as long as I can remember I've been a believer in Christ thanks to my mother. But these last couple years I've gotten closer and closer to Him. About 2 years ago I started reading the Bible, a couple chapters a night.  And about a year ago I began tithing (giving 10% of my income to the church). Yes it sounds like a lot, especially when I used to only drop $10 or $20 in the collection. But in order to receive you must obey. 
Now before you say you can't afford it (I thought that too but I had faith in God) and let me tell you this year I've had extra funds coming from the most unlikely sources. 
Even the last rifle I bought for $400 turned out to be a custom rifle valued at over $4500!
I'm just giving you my testimony so you take it for what its worth.

Thanks for sharing. Good to hear how God is working in your life!  Tithing is a stumbling block for a lot of believers and there’s more than a few opinions on the subject.

I've been a Christian all my life. I know some may find it hard to believe but it's true if you really knew me.

Good for you Clem.

Been Christian for about 20 years Deacon about 5. Over this short time I have seen so much from people we are to be following just to show we all fall short and are sinners.

Before I was far worse danced with satan every day and some say they wish I was dead but it is not up to them it is up to our Lord and now I feel I’m ready when the time comes.

oneshot

When I retired I went to school and became a Pastor. I led a motorcycle ministry for several years and now I am on the Praise and Worship team at church. I have recently had many answered prayers, a huge one was answered favorable just yesterday. Thanks for sharing your testimony!  God is great!

bronko22000 said:
This may be a touchy subject but whatever.  For as long as I can remember I've been a believer in Christ thanks to my mother. But these last couple years I've gotten closer and closer to Him. About 2 years ago I started reading the Bible, a couple chapters a night.  And about a year ago I began tithing (giving 10% of my income to the church). Yes it sounds like a lot, especially when I used to only drop $10 or $20 in the collection. But in order to receive you must obey. 
Now before you say you can't afford it (I thought that too but I had faith in God) and let me tell you this year I've had extra funds coming from the most unlikely sources. 
Even the last rifle I bought for $400 turned out to be a custom rifle valued at over $4500!
I'm just giving you my testimony so you take it for what its worth.
bronko 22000
Howdy. I've been a Christian my entire life. A Lutheran until my marriage 50 years ago. Then I became a United Methodist. I'm a Deacon in my church, the chair of the board of Trustees and our Finance Committee.
I don't want to sound egotistical, the Lord hates a braggart.
I've seen so many times in my life when I thought that the world would end over money? I also found that the Lord DOES provide!!! Anytime we were short a few bucks something came up to fill that void.
4 years ago we needed a new water heater, the price $2200.00... SURE didn't have that!! Then, out of the Blue a guy stops one day, knocks on our door and says "Hey..how much for that older Explorer down there, I've noticed that it hasn't been moved for awhile?" I said " I don't use it, but it really isn't for sale." I was hoping that one day, I'd get it back on the road? It was a 2013 and in GREAT shape, it just had some electrical issues.
He said "too bad, I'd give you $3,000.00 for it. I said SOLD!!!
He got the truck, we got a new water heater with a couple of bucks to spare.
So the Lord DOES provide! HE will never give you more than you can handle! Thanks again for this.
God bless:
Stoney

I thought he was going to say..........I've got a new water heater i'll trade you.  :D

OldMtnMan said:
I thought he was going to say..........I've got a new water heater i'll trade you.  :D
Thanks Pete
That would have been much easier??? But my luck doesn't run like that, even with HIS help!!

Man...these doggone "Floaters" are killing me!! They went from being little dots to what looks like strings of lint hanging off of my face? I'm constantly trying to wipe them away? Not sure who's more annoyed, me or the misses.
When I had my cataract surgery back in 2014, I asked my surgeon if they'd go away?  He said Nope, just have to live with them. My eyes are great for my age. I was 20/400 before my surgery, now I'm 20/20 both eyes. I can see a Gnat's nuts at 300 yards.  :shock:  These days it's just the darned floaters!!!

I'm making a new shooting bag for sale. I'm really turning it into a "project"!!!  :slaps: I'm going back and making changes that I should have made BEFORE I finished it the FIRST time! :oops:   Oh well, Hind Sight????  Thanks for the reply buddy. If you need any wares, just let me know.
God bless:
Stoney

Consider all the things we enjoy today in the USA and take the time to reflect and ponder how they came into existence. I mean the vast amount of technological advancements we (man) has discovered and even the unexplained things we haven't figured out. All these have come from the creator of the universe. When scientists put molecules or whatever together and create something, it is from an inexaustable supply of available materials which are gathered and assembled to make something which serves a means, example: modern high strength steel or super plastics, semi-conductors, etc. So much is taken for granted, and simply chalked up to a self made society.
That is not a new thing folks, man has been full of pride, and selfishness since the garden of Eden.
Because of this we (man) forget to honor the creator (GOD) and be thankful to him for our blessings, and also our trials. Take time this Christmas Season to thank God for the greatest gift, sending his son to earth in order to sacrifice himself to provide forgiveness of sin, his perfect salvation freely given to each and every one of us!

Consider all the things we enjoy today in the USA and take the time to reflect and ponder how they came into existence. I mean the vast amount of technological advancements we (man) has discovered and even the unexplained things we haven't figured out. All these have come from the creator of the universe. When scientists put molecules or whatever together and create something, it is from an inexaustable supply of available materials which are gathered and assembled to make something which serves a means, example: modern high strength steel or super plastics, semi-conductors, etc. So much is taken for granted, and simply chalked up to a self made society.
That is not a new thing folks, man has been full of pride, and selfishness since the garden of Eden.
Because of this we (man) forget to honor the creator (GOD) and be thankful to him for our blessings, and also our trials. Take time this Christmas Season to thank God for the greatest gift, sending his son to earth in order to sacrifice himself to provide forgiveness of sin, his perfect salvation freely given to each and every one of us!
Amen, Brother!

Though some may not agree my church is in the mountains and each day running my traps I pause and thank the lord for another wonderful day. I stop and thank the lord for each animal I harvest for all things come from him..I do believe in the power of prayer..AMEN

Paper Punch, I often feel that the way the world is in now, that much of this can be attributed to Satan. We are beguiled by all the things which make life easier, but they draw people away from God and into thinking that man is the supreme being. Not saying that we shouldn't benefit from these improvements but do so wisely....

~WH~

Here we are in our world buckskins, guns, shooting, hunting, killing and trapping. Many would make a judgement against us that we are no more than just that. Our looks and interests may be deceiving to some, but God knows our hearts. Such beautiful and heartfelt testimonies you all have shared are indeed a prayer in themselves. I am humbled to be in such inspired company who are not afraid to stand up and be counted. God bless.

Latest posts

Back