GM barrel.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhinoDave

Reaction score
Took a drive out into the country to a gun shop that specializes in muzzleloading supplies. I had won a $25 gift certificate and was itching to spend it. I not only spent it but went juuussst a tad over it. Found a 32" Green Mountain barrel in .45 cal. with sights, underrib, pipes and ramrod all set up to drop in my TC stocks.  Looks like the karma gods are still smiling on me.

Well I played a liittle musical barrels with a couple of rifles this morning. I took the .54 cal. barrel off my good Investarms and replaced it with the Green mountain barrel. I then put the .54 barrel on the Investarm rifle with the wasted .50 cal. barrel so I now have two rifles to sight in Tuesday. I'm still lapping the .50 cal. barrel on the TC rifle and have to rebreech it hopefully before Tuesday so I can sight it in also. So many fun things to do.

Buck Conner said:
"Built for comfort.......not speed!" rhino's are built that way....   :)
rhinos-are-just-chubby-unicorns-shirt.png

Well, I just couldn't leave these rifles alone. After looking at the setups and shouldering them a few times, I decided to do some more switching around. The .45 cal. GM barrel went onto my decorated TC Hawken, the .54 cal. Investarms barrel went back on the orginal stock and the .50 cal. TC barrel off my good TC Hawken went on the $20 TC Hawken stock. I'm keeping the bad TC barrel as a backup and I'll be sending the bad Investarms .50 cal. barrel out for reboring. I should probably take a picture or two of all these changes.

My GM barrels are waaay more accurate than I'll ever be.

Latest posts

Back