Going price for 45 hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotts98rt

Reaction score
Been offered a 45 hawken in vgc. Seen little use. Supposedly good bore, no rust inside or out. Wood in good shape. What is a fair price to pay?

I bought my TC .45 hawken last year for $300 (stock cracked and barrel somewhat pitted) but I think that was pretty good deal considering that a barrel ($200-350) and stock ($150-$300) (depending on condition) has been ,over the last few months, the going price on eBay. I’ve been watching and bidding for both. But the current gun/ammunition market is extremely volatile. Gun broker has some listed from $300-$800 just as the starting bid. So who knows what they actually end up selling for. In those markets, it all depends on who wants it when you do

This guy wants 250, but he's a hour away. I think I'll keep looking for a 50 cal renagade. At the local shops.

What brand? There are lots of hawken rifles about. If it's an original I'll take it for that!

Yeah no kidding. I have been out bid twice, on two different TC hawken barrel in the last month on eBay for about that price. Only the barrel

I’d make the two hour round trip and snag that if I were you. Wouldn’t even hesitate for an instant. Even in our pawn shops a couple of years ago, I never saw one for under $300

I got very lucky and picked up a lightly used 45 Hawken that someone placed in a bad spot. This and a Spain ML sat in someone's corner basement. At least all the metal was still in great shape. Just needed stock re-worked. Good deals are out there just have to let others know your interests!

Attachments

• T_C 45 cal.jpg
    T_C 45 cal.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 25
  • T_C 45 cal2.jpg
    T_C 45 cal2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 24
I’d be on the road right now for that deal. I can assure you that I’ve driven much further for deals not near as good as that one. 🤷‍♂️

Just got pictures. Appears to be rust in front of forend. Seller says no rust. Looks like a thumb print. All brass fully tarnished. Looks like a kit gun, stock was finished poorly. Looks like cold blue barrel. Brown looking..

Just got pictures. Appears to be rust in front of forend. Seller says no rust. Looks like a thumb print. All brass fully tarnished. Looks like a kit gun, stock was finished poorly. Looks like cold blue barrel. Brown looking..
Sounds like mostly cosmetic work needed. I recently bought a pistol that was a kit gun. The barrel was never blued and had a light surface rust on it. Bore was good.
I used steel wool to clean it up and blued it. Came out good.
You can always refinish the stock.

Saw a new condition on on Gunbroker today, looked brand new and came with kit and mold. Sold for $550 plus $50 shipping. sure was pretty.....

Back