Got Some More Venison

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
I spent 9 days at my daughter's house while hunting public land nearby. I saw only one buck the whole time but he only had 2 points to a side so was illegal. The woods were full of turkeys; I saw 15 while hunting.

Finally perseverance paid off on Friday. A doe and her yearling crossed a large palmetto flat and I managed to down them both (2 deer were allowed, either 2 does or one doe and one legal buck).
I had purchased a cheap ($8.00) deer dragging harness a few months ago and used it for the first time. It looked like it would tear up the first time it was used but pulled out the 2 deer with no problems. I gutted the larger doe first so the maximum weight being pulled was only ~65 lbs. for each trip.

I recommend the harness because its light weight and small size can be stuck in a thigh pocket and you don't know its there until you need it.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_661807_-1?cm_mmc=pla-_-Hunting+Hunting+Accessories+After+the+Shot+Game+Carts+Carriers-_-Google-_-Allen+Company+Dual-Harness+Deer+Drag&sku=023116858&gclid=CMmOtvvA_NACFYofhgodpBEHjQ&kwid=productads-adid%5E104476637358-device%5Ec-plaid%5E250383064158-sku%5E023116858-adType%5EPLA

Here's one of the deer:

https://servimg.com/view/19440265/43

Congrats, Bob. Nicely done. Good to see you out and over your health issues. 
Thanks for the harness rec.

Congrats Bob!  While you're eating back straps I'll be waiting for next year's hunt.  It's "deer track" soup for me!   :cry:

Thanks for the congrats, guys.

Joe, you need to move to a state that has a lot of deer and long seasons. Florida has long seasons but lacks decent numbers of deer. Alabama allows hunting into February and has a pretty good population of deer too ... also warmer weather than Minnesota. :sunny:

Nice job, you did very well for public lands....Should be very tasty....Congratulations!!!!

YMHS
Hilljack

Congrats pat' :Red tup:

------------------------------------
p.s. I keep that same harness in my back pack.  A real back-saver.

Marty said:
Congrats pat' :Red tup:

------------------------------------
p.s. I keep that same harness in my back pack.  A real back-saver.
A harness is a big improvement over dragging one with a strap or rope. I dragged a hog over a mile with the belt off my pants once. The hog almost pulled my arm out of socket and my pants kept falling down. NOT FUN!  :no:

Back