Great morning to be in a blind

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnesota

Reaction score
null_zps3bbbc153.jpg

My view this morning.. Nice cool crisp morning. 27* had a little buck come by 10 minutes after I got settled. So quiet out, he busted me when I reached for my bow.

Did he see you move? I don't open as many windows as I used to anymore.

Actually I think he heard my chair make a noise. It was the smallest noise, but it was so crisp and quiet, any little sound was magnified. I saw him 2 more times this morning.

Where I hunt I can't have Blind set up over night, I'm always afraid of Deer spooking.

oneshot

Because it is public land? I leave mine out from Sept to Jan. They get used to it pretty quick. 

I know guys who go out on day hunts and use ground blinds with much success. They just make sure they are 20 or so yards off the trail and seem to have no problem spooking the deer. They hunt public land and can't leave it there.

MLN1963 said:
Because it is public land? I leave mine out from Sept to Jan. They get used to it pretty quick. 

I know guys who go out on day hunts and use ground blinds with much success. They just make sure they are 20 or so yards off the trail and seem to have no problem spooking the deer. They hunt public land and can't leave it there.
Yea here in Missouri you can't leave a Blind up over night on Public Land but it would probably get stole anyway.

oneshot

I wouldn't leave mine on public land either! Mine is left on private and I am still worried.

Back