...H/Ps or AERO TIPS........??????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D :D :D
I really enjoy shooting my ACCURAS and my ACCURAS like Powerbelt 295GR H/PS, APP GOLD and Remington Kleanbore Primers.
I was at the range today and tried 295gr AERO TIPS. Couldn't get them as tight a group and I am getting with the H/P's. :confused: :confused:
Don't have a clue as to why :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: Any and all opinions will be welcomed :!: :!: :!:
Thanks to all that reply. 8)
Have a great season everyone and put safety above all :!: :!: :!:

hawgslayer.......... :)

You need to be careful when loading the areotip so that you don't squish or bend the tip in any way. If the tip is not perfectly centered the flight may be affected. Some shooters cut the plastic aerotip flush with the end of the bullet, others like me either remove the plastic areotip completely, or only use hollowpoints PB's, or I will stuff the HP with lead.

Powerbelt does make a special ramrod tip for the aerotips to prevent deformation when loading.

ive discovered the same thing. Its probably one of those things where you have to rework a load for that aerotip. Ive only had it happen with HP's before so i really never worried about it. Shoot what works best!

I should be up and running in a couple days Hawg, i can get to work on those inserts for you. Having the flu SUCKS!

Use one of the ramrod tips made for Aerotips.
They have a deep cavity in the end to allow the tip to engage the bullet shoulders and not the tip.'
I also use them for HP also

Back