Today's results with the PATRIOT..........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D
Great day to be shooting. Bright sunny day with no wind and better yet, no skeeters......
I was really surprised with the results today. Here is the pic.
IMG_1883_zpsqfencf48.jpg

First shot was far left. 2nd was more to the right. 3rd was at the top of the target. 4th was right below it. 5th, I turned the screw on the sight the wrong way and 6th was low right, 7th was right above it. 8th, turned the screw the wrong was but the 9th and 10 shot was cutting the bull. I am really happy with this .45......Thank you once again Carlos.
Ron and Bob, I made a stand but it looks more for and old Remington army pistol but it worked. I started the ball with the short starter but then held the pistol in my hand and seated the ball on the powder. Thanks for your help.  
I did the shooting from the 25 yard benches. I loaded her up with 20 grains OE 2F,  .015 patches with Jonathan's anti-rust and lube, .440 Hornady bullet and CCI <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a> percussion caps. There was no swabbing between shots.
With a little more tweaking, I can get them balls to hit dead center. Awesome pistol.

Thanks for all your help gents.
Ray.............

No Fair!
You're shooting much better than me. I usually shoot at 35 yards but a 3" group is about as good as I get.

I'm glad you like it. That super light trigger helps a lot. :Red tup:

:Red tup:

Thanks gents. I really enjoyed shooting the pistol.

Ray......... :ttups:

You might want to try a .445 ball and 3f.  Every TC I ever saw shot better with a tight patch and ball combination.

I was just reading your signature Ray. You only need to get rid of two Accuras to have a proper list. ;)

Your right Pete. That day is coming very soon. How are you and the pooch doing these days? Shoot me a PM when you get the time.

Ray...............

Back