H&R Huntsman Muzzleloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For real on grey beard . I praised the MU plug at the very start of production when busta was involved in the creation and old grey beard took offense ,thinking I was advertising on his site if I Recall. Some folks like the power trip of being an internet moderator. He can go pound salt.

I joined GBO after that, but I do remember a time when one wanted to talk about that plug it was the "unmentionable" breech plug. Apparently enough water has passed under the bridge that the MU and the Precision plugs can be talked about freely without "code talk". 🙂

I joined GBO after that, but I do remember a time when one wanted to talk about that plug it was the "unmentionable" breech plug. Apparently enough water has passed under the bridge that the MU and the Precision plugs can be talked about freely without "code talk". 🙂
Why was "that plug" unmentionable?

I picked up a Rossi collapsible rod - not sure if they still sell them

Huntsman is making the rounds this year & hope to get it bloody - made some modules out of short mag brass

Google Ben Hubbard his replacement rods are very well made

Google Ben Hubbard his replacement rods are very well made

He closed up shop and retired several years ago and is no longer an option.... so I am told anyway.

I emailed him months ago and got no response.

by the way I got on a nice 8 point with my H&R this season.

Because the guy making them was on the site sorta promoting them and greybeard thought he should be a paid sponsor they were both kinda bull headed about it and one thing led to another.I didn’t know the Hubbard ramrod was still available it’s much better than the factory.I’m sure people that have had the guns for awhile know this but the proper way to use the ramrod is to load the bullet as far as you can with the ramrod collapsed and then screw it out and finish loading.

Last edited:
The only bull head was GB
But it was his site.The other guy was a bit of a hothead but I agree GB wasn’t without fault.I haven’t been there for awhile but for info on H&Rs the site was hard to beat but on some of the other GB forums there were some pretty miserable people

As I was one wou got banned for praising Mr Allen's plug , I do feel GB was the hot head .

Back