HAD TO PLAY

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobbythehunter said:
i'd say the FTX should do trick. nice shooting!!
Thanks Bobby. The Interlock will shoot just as well for about half the cost. I was rushing those shots to give my bench to a fellow shooter. I'm trying the FTX first & if I can get one in a deer, then I'll switch to the Interlock.

greg

i have a optima, older one, shorter barrel. not fancy, do you think I would have similar results with the 110 BH or do you need the longer barrel to burn that much BH. also what are smooth sabots and where would one get those.

thanks

like to try one of those loads this offseason

You shouldn't have any issues. The smooth sabots are made by Harvester & you cn buy then from Carlos at Ed's Gun Shop at 910-692-7936. He may have the bullets as well & he WILL BE cheaper than anyone, not to mention that he is just a fantastic guy to work with!

He has cut down several CVA's to 20 barrel lengths I believe & has shot them very very accurately at 300 yards with 110gr of BH209.

And just ti clarify, the "smooth" sabots are the opposite of the "Crush Ribs" both made by Harvester. One has a smooth body & the other has raised ridges that only make contact on 1/2 of the surface. The smooths, load just as easily, but shoot better in a lot of CVA's. I couldn't get any decent groups with my Apex until I switched & now they are all I use in my CVA's.

I hope that this answers your questions. Just yell if I can help at all :)

Latest posts

Back