had to say goodbye

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you are going through. I had to put down my 5yr old Springer Spaniel, due to Liver Cancer. I couldn't take it seeing her just lay there on the floor and try to get up to sit on my lap when I sat down on the floor with her. I cried more when I had to put her down than I did for some family members. It's amazing how dogs affect you and bring so much joy into your life no matter how bad a day you had.

You have my deepest sympathies, and it won’t be long until I’m in your shoes with my old Lab.

So sorry white eagle, one of the toughest things there is in life. Went through it right before Covid with my 13 year old female beagle than 2 weeks later my younger male beagle blew a disc in his back, I paid the price and got him a second life. How we are attached to our pups. Prayers for you and family.

White Eagle, It is a sad time when one loses pet / dog as you know. Those of us who have gone through the loss of “ mans best friend” feel for you.
To honor and as a memorial to our loved deceased pets my family plants a tree at their burial site.
In particular our “ Maggie “ tree an Autumn Blaze Maple keeps her alive in our memory.

Sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I had to end our 12 yr old rescues suffering on Cinco de Mayo (May 5) last month. I understand it hitting harder than some family members. May time ease your grief and your thoughts filled with the good memories.

White eagle, I am so very sorry for your loss. I can empathize with you as I've had so many babies go away. I consider them to be my children and treat them as such. They have meant so much to me as as you already know from your life with Jack. For the first time in my adult life I have no doggies to share my life with. We had as many as 4 running around the house like the children they are. May Jack always live in your heart and comfort you.

Encore50A, the poem you posted brought tears to my eyes. We likely won't ever get another dog due to our own age and my Squeeze doesn't want to go through the loss again and it is agony.

................................... Encore50A, the poem you posted brought tears to my eyes. We likely won't ever get another dog due to our own age and my Squeeze doesn't want to go through the loss again and it is agony.
It'll be 4yrs in September we laid our little girl, Pepper, to rest. I know exactly what others talk about when they say its worse than a human loss.
She was "pappa's girl". We were so lucky to have had her for 13yrs.
I read the pomes I have every once in a while and my eyes always water. They watered when I read the first post..........

I was in your position last month. I lost my "little girl" Maggie, after 10 years. She was perfect in every way. She was the best Rotti I ever had. I'm still grieving, but I'll be getting another "little girl" Rotti next month to ease the pain. At 76, this will probably be my last K9 companion. It seems harder the older I get, to lose your best friend. White Eagle, I feel your hurt and I'm sorry for your loss.

I've had to put two down and its not a fun time. Time lightens the heart some but likje anything else dear that we lose, its never really gone as long as we don't let ourselves forget.

Latest posts

Back