Has anyone seen these?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. But I can’t get it out of my head the thought that those are the old zombie bullets recycled from before the pandemic. The green tips is what set off the thought. Several years ago before Xmas we had a fad where everyone was making green tipped ammunition to shoot zombies with.

Aside from .22 lr I haven't bought anything Remington in years. When they were doing the sabots for rifled shotgun barrels years ago the ammunition was not all that accurate. More recently the 20 gauge sabots for the 220 Savage bolts seems to be working well in those guns, but I won't use these new greenies in my inlines.

I believe these bullets are different than the Accutips used in the sabots.

Hopefully they are easier to stock up on than the shotgun rounds. Website has them at 57.99 for 24 rounds, that'll hurt.

The promotional video stated that the bullets are of a similar design to the shotgun rounds that they produce. I looked into the product yesterday and they are just .50 caliber at this time. I inquired about about a .40 caliber bullet to be used in a .45 caliber muzzle loader. I would prefer to buy just the bullets to the fact that my 45 caliber muzzleloaders have different bore diameters.

The promotional video stated that the bullets are of a similar design to the shotgun rounds that they produce.

Similar. Nothing affirmative. Just similar. The's sort of like a skunk being similar to a civet cat.

I'm waiting for the newer model that automatically turn inside the body cavity regardless of where you hit and redirect themselves to take out the aorta and the spinal cord. No exit to spoil more meat. Guaranteed DRT!!! I think they'll be on the market at the beginning of April.
I think that’s what the Barnes Z bullets are designed to do…

IMG_4078.jpeg

Back