Have you ever

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white eagle

Reaction score
Had one of those days at the range were nothing you did turned out rite?
I had one today. Took 3 rifles 2 smokers and 1 breech loader. I couldn't get my 54 to group at the 50 yd bench shot after shot not going to happen, so I quit. Next up my Breech loader a absolute tack driver 220 swift same thing couldn't get it to group worth a hoot, no problem still had my Peregrine 40 cal smoker not having it couldn't get anything to shoot worth a darn. I did have mt 44 special with me and I could bang steel with that so I guess it wasn't a total mishap.

Had one of those days at the range were nothing you did turned out rite?
I had one today. Took 3 rifles 2 smokers and 1 breech loader. I couldn't get my 54 to group at the 50 yd bench shot after shot not going to happen, so I quit. Next up my Breech loader a absolute tack driver 220 swift same thing couldn't get it to group worth a hoot, no problem still had my Peregrine 40 cal smoker not having it couldn't get anything to shoot worth a darn. I did have mt 44 special with me and I could bang steel with that so I guess it wasn't a total mishap.
Always wanted a 220 Swift but couldn't find what I wanted for a lefty. Settled for a 22--250 Remington Heavy barrel.
What rifle is your 220?

Always wanted a 220 Swift but couldn't find what I wanted for a lefty. Settled for a 22--250 Remington Heavy barrel.
What rifle is your 220?

Mine is a model 70 Featherweight
current production
mine used to be a 22-250 but I sent it to Hart to have a barrel installed

I never had a really bad day shooting but several times I had days where I outshot myself! I'm talking groups that were so great that it appeared I was shooting over my ability.
I feel is was just the way the lighting was with my ability to see the sights better.

Latest posts

Back