Hawken opening day double

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took these 2 about 9:30 and 9:40 this morning opening day in Indiana, my 1st deer with patched round ball..Shot the doe at 35 yds facing me in the throat, dropped right away let out a bawl and died.. the buck came down the same logging road as I was trying to get reloaded, after having 7-8 number 11`s fall out of my capper I finally managed to get one on the nippel, stopped him at 60 yds with a bleat slight quartering to me and just as I squezzed of the shot he started turning to face me and hit him high in body behind shoulder and angled back and broke his spine.. Initially I thought he was dead but after a couple minutes he started trying to crawl off and I put a finishing shot in his chest with my Black Diamond Pistol that I made...both deer were shot with my .54 cal. Cabelas Sporterized Hawkin with .535 ball, jean pocket patch material and 100 gr. of 3f Goex, finishing shot with pistol on buck was a 300 gr. xtp with 90 gr. pyrodex.. Thats 1 with bow and these 2 for the season, may try to get one more but pretty much done for the season.

Attachments

• IMG_1752.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_1751.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,177
Congrads! :yeah: That is a nice buck. Lots of critters fell to the old PRB.

That is a beautiful pile of venison you have there. Nice looking buck. Those .54 caliber roundballs are real killers. Congratulations on your deer.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

CONGRATS BIG TIME :!: :!: :!: A double header :!: Awesome. 8)

Ray............. :yeah:

Congrats on a fine hunt! I'm hoping to score with my T/C Hawken during our late ML season.

Back