He is growing up! Pics 07-08-09"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I thought folks might like to see this picture series of a buck I have called Big6 two years ago, Big8 last year, and hopefully Big10 this year! (He really isn't all that big at all, just bigger than most that are his age in my area.)

I have been watching this buck very closely after narrowing missing him with bow in 2007 when he was a 2.5 yr old.

Over the past two years I have dozens of pics of this buck throughout the seasons and even had a few close encounters with him during bow season last year when he 3.5 ytrs old...Yet I have still yet have an opportunity at him with my shotugn or MZ.

In any case here are the series of pics of the years with the dates for everyone to enjoy...

037-1.jpg

279.jpg

382.jpg

150.jpg

155.jpg

100.jpg

8.jpg

72608buck.jpg

10week3105.jpg

10-23037.jpg

10-23033.jpg

Big006.jpg

Big005.jpg

120138.jpg

517081.jpg

517395.jpg

517652.jpg

517820-1.jpg

trailcam52520092933-1.jpg

TrailCam6137.jpg

TrailCam61312-1.jpg

7114.jpg

7115.jpg

deer

That is cool!!!!!! I don't think i could shoot him watching him like that??? I am not allowed ot shoot the deer out the back door as thare my wifes feeders and pets...

:applause: very cool! thats just amazing the photos from this season seeing the actually growth.

That deer has some great bases started...
who wouldn't be excited watching him grow.

Also... that is a very special log lying there.

I will look for one like that in my area. :)

8) Very cool set of pics. I'd name him Lucky.

You got pictures of him doing everthing but makin bacon.... :lol:
Thanks for sharing..makes me want to get my camera back out!

Nice photo`s! I would suggest sitting right next to the camera if you want to get a crack at him. He`s definately not camera shy.

As far as the flash goes...doesnt seem to bother the deer(even older bucks)...at least the ones here around my camera. I like the no-flash so PEOPLE cant see it going off.

Spitpatch said:
Also... that is a very special log lying there.

I will look for one like that in my area. :)

:lol: :lol: Spit!!

Well...that log is 100% naturally occuring, and the area in front of the camera is just as I found it. However, over the past two years I have done two things to take advantage of the naturally occuring trail that was already there as well as the excessively dense pricker bushes that grow on that land.

#1. Basically, what I did was chop a shoulder width path down the existing trails in that location and I have kept them open the last few years throughout the spring and summer. The deer of course love the clear trail and the protection of the 8ft tall pricker bushes within inches of each side of the trail.....In effect I have trained the deer to only use that one trail whenever they travel through that small area.

#2. Ahh yes....that log!...While it is 100% naturally occuring right where it sits...I have topped it my secret trail cam weapon....BUCK JAM!... Take one look at the pics below, all I can say is even the Bucks think it is "face lickin good"!!

JC

(And yes I do have a stand hangin behind the wall of prickers with a window cut in them allowing a clear shot to where that log is... :D )

trailcam52520092931-1.jpg

trailcam52520092932-1.jpg

trailcam52520092933-2.jpg

JC...You just GOTTA name that guy!!!

Please post his pics at one month intervals, right up to the big day!!!...and good luck. He will be fun to watch!!! 8) I love big 8"s....

Spitpatch said:

Spit,

He has had a name every year but it always referenced his pt count, (6,8). That means I have to wait to see if you he if he can pull off being a 10 this year. (Which would be incredible for my area as most bucks don't make it past 2.5 yrs old).

Additionally, I forgot to add. One other means that I have used to get all of the pics where the deer is either directly sideways to, or looking directly at the camera is that I forked the trail right in front of the camera. One trail moves perpendicular to the camera while the other passes only inches to the left of the camera. That means any deer passing to the left of the camera appears to be looking right into the camera whether they really are or not. (In most cases I think they are.)

JC

jcchartboy said:
Spitpatch said:

Spit,

He has had a name every year but it always referenced his pt count, (6,8). That means I have to wait to see if you he if he can pull off being a 10 this year. (Which would be incredible for my area as most bucks don't make it past 2.5 yrs old).

Additionally, I forgot to add. One other means that I have used to get all of the pics where the deer is either directly sideways to, or looking directly at the camera is that I forked the trail right in front of the camera. One trail moves perpendicular to the camera while the other passes only inches to the left of the camera. That means any deer passing to the left of the camera appears to be looking right into the camera whether they really are or not. (In most cases I think they are.)

JC
very cool setup. Good luck with him.

The old guy has joined up with a few new younger deer for this years bachelor group. In the two pictures below there are three seperate buck. The one on the right in the first picture and left in the second are the same bucks. The buck I have been photgraphing for several years is the one on the right in the second picture and appears to growing another 8pt rack this year.

JC

(I added these to the original post up top as well to keep them all together.)

7114.jpg

7115.jpg

Back