Heads Up-Barnes Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coltchris

Reaction score
If anybody is interested, I just stumbled across some decent deals on Barnes bullets/sabots on the Knight website. It appears they are closing out their Red Hots, Spitzer Boattails, & Polomer Tips with the old sabots (non-EZ load). I bought a few because I haven't found an EZ load sabot tight enough in my Disc Extreme to work with BH209.

Thats some good news coltchris.
But i have a Knight Magnum Disc rifle that use's the Orange Primer Holder's that shoot's the Knight EZ Load Sabots just Great with BH209.My Magunm Disc rifle is just like a Extreme other than the stock and the fact that it use's the orange primer disc.
coltchris said:
If anybody is interested, I just stumbled across some decent deals on Barnes bullets/sabots on the Knight website. It appears they are closing out their Red Hots, Spitzer Boattails, & Polomer Tips with the old sabots (non-EZ load). I bought a few because I haven't found an EZ load sabot tight enough in my Disc Extreme to work with BH209.

They may be clearing out their old stock for the new Barnes Bullets. With the flat base, you should be able to change out the sabot if required.

/quote

As I mentioned in June, we have a new muzzleloader bullet with a flat base. We delayed the introduction of this bullet because we now have an added twist and a new name. The new muzzleloader bullet will be called the Expander Spit-Fire T-EZ?. The bullet will be easier to load and we know it will be deadly on game.

These highly accurate muzzleloader bullets feature a new, redesigned EZ? sabot that allows for easier loading in tight bores. Barnes sabots provide for an effective gas seal needed to produce the exceptional accuracy Barnes bullets are famous for. Don?t be fooled by the belted bullet sales gimmick of easily sliding down the bore. A little resistance provides for a proper fit and consistent shot-to-shot performance. The bullet has a streamlined polymer tip that boosts the ballistic coefficient and promotes expansion. This long-range bullet remains intact at extreme velocities, yet expands at only 1050 fps.

We are offering these new muzzleloader bullets in 250-grain and 290-grain weights in 15- and 24-bullet packs. The 250-grain 15-bullet pack is catalog number 45171, while the 250-grain 24-bullet pack is catalog number 45182. The 290-grain 15 pack is catalog number 45174, and the 290-grain 24 pack is number 45192. The Barnes Aligner tool #05007 (the Spit-Fire TMZ aligner tool) will ensure the bullet is properly aligned in the bore for optimum accuracy.

We should begin shipping these new bullets by mid-August. You will be able to purchase them on our store site as soon as they begin shipping. Beginning in 2009, they should be available through dealers and mail order catalogs.

I'll probably be using the Knight High Pressure sabot (#900128), as it fits nice and tight in my Disc Extreme. My bore must be a little oversize compared to normal. The regular sabots (SW's & SST's) are pretty tight, but hoping the Knight HP will give me better results with BH-209.

Back