Hello from eastern PA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sojourner

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been Flintlock hunting in PA (Lyman trade 50 cal - bought at Dixons). Now I have better access to deer hunting in NJ. Have borrowed friends inline for a few years. Finally broke down and bought my own (Accura V2)

:D

WELCOME ABOARD :!: Glad you decided to join the group 8) Great bunch of guys here willing to help with your questions. :?: :?: Just ask :!:

Ray.......... :wink:

Im in NJ also. for most people who have never been here the stereotypes are way off. even the local dialect. sopranos are one small area outside NYC. the deer here avg a bit smaller but the sheer numbers are awesome. How many states have unlimited limits. and open seasons from sept through feb. I hear so many diss NJ, but I love it here. great state with plentifull hunting and fishing opportunities... still a few things Id love to see change, but for me, its home

Squeeze said:
Im in NJ also. for most people who have never been here the stereotypes are way off. even the local dialect. sopranos are one small area outside NYC. the deer here avg a bit smaller but the sheer numbers are awesome. How many states have unlimited limits. and open seasons from sept through feb. I hear so many diss NJ, but I love it here. great state with plentifull hunting and fishing opportunities... still a few things Id love to see change, but for me, its home

I've lived in PA all my life (exceptin for time with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children). I've worked NJ the last 20 years. For me, NJ is great place to work, great place to hunt. Property prices and taxes are a little daunting. Gun laws I could not live with.

NJ I hunt between houses, McMansions properties, swamps and rarely hardwoods. It is unbelievable the amount of deer. Suburban deer are taken with archery. Swamps get either archery, slug gun or muzzleloader. I really do like NJ hunting. It is sooo much easier than PA hunting and fighting other PA hunters for scraps on public land.

I am looking to christen my new Accura V2 this firearms season!

sojourner said:
Squeeze said:

I've lived in PA all my life (exceptin for time with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children). I've worked NJ the last 20 years. For me, NJ is great place to work, great place to hunt. Property prices and taxes are a little daunting. Gun laws I could not live with.

NJ I hunt between houses, McMansions properties, swamps and rarely hardwoods. It is unbelievable the amount of deer. Suburban deer are taken with archery. Swamps get either archery, slug gun or muzzleloader. I really do like NJ hunting. It is sooo much easier than PA hunting and fighting other PA hunters for scraps on public land.

I am looking to christen my new Accura V2 this firearms season!

Nice posts from both of you guys. I went through jr high and high school in north Jersey in the 70's and spent summers in Ocean City. Still get to Jersey in the fall for surf fishing around Brick, Normandy, IBSP etc. My shooting and hunting are in PA and IA now, but it is true--Jersey gets a mostly undeserved bad rap. Still lots of good hunting and fishing there. Have fun.

I don't have a handle on what "north" jersey really is. Some of the areas I hunt are around 287 from 78 to almost 80. 287 and 78 does no seem like "north" jersey to me. Also hunt warren county. Life is good for me and NJ hunting.

North, south, whatever, I am happy for the opportunities!

Welcome to the forum! Always good to have another smoker :)

Back