Hello from Minnesota!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackbear3

Reaction score
I am recently retired and have been preparing for a ML deer hunt in GMU 103 in Colorado. I have been having trouble getting my TC Encore to shoot accurately and have been using information from this site over the last month. On top of the deer hunt I used 15 points and was drawn for an (unguided!) second rifle bull elk tag in GMU 76 in Colorado. :D

I know very little about your rifle. I have read of people doing things to their rifle to increase accuracy. As for a load, I am not sure what is "legal" to hunt with in the season you have. But I am sure there will be some that can help you. Welcome to the forum.

Not know what you have tried shooting so far but I have an encore/ prohunter and spent over a year trying to get it to shoot. Then from the recommendations from this site I started shooting blackhorn 209 powder. That's the only change I made. I went from shooting 3-4" 100 yard groups to groups I can cover with a quarter. Granted my load is probably a little on the lite side for elk but I'm shooting the win 209 primer 110 grains of powder (volume) and the hornady sst 250 grain bullet in the supplied sabot.

Latest posts

Back