Hello from Ontario Canada

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairebear

Reaction score
Hello forum members, I bought a new T/C Hawken 50 cal in 1993 and it has always been a consistant shooter
for me. I recently bought a used CVA Optima Magnum in 50 cal. I'm a year retired and would like to shoot more for fun and experiment with loads. Still will hunt deer in November with 3 good friends. When googling twist rate differences Modern Muzzleloader was the first to pop up. So here I am.
Thanks in advance for having me.

Hey Ya'll,
Understanding the twist of your barrel is the first step in proper projectile choice. Glad to have you on the forum!
Thanks ,
Jimbo

Welcome from another Canuck from Ontario...... lots of info to be found here

Last edited:
Your Hawken is probably a 1:48 twist and should stabilize a conical bullet nicely with a nominal charge of propellant of your choice.
Good shooting!

Hello forum members, I bought a new T/C Hawken 50 cal in 1993 and it has always been a consistant shooter
for me. I recently bought a used CVA Optima Magnum in 50 cal. I'm a year retired and would like to shoot more for fun and experiment with loads. Still will hunt deer in November with 3 good friends. When googling twist rate differences Modern Muzzleloader was the first to pop up. So here I am.
Thanks in advance for having me.
Welcome, lots of interesting information from a lot of seasoned veterans is available- good stuff

Latest posts

Back