Hello from Pa.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Nelson

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been shooting flintlocks for years. Only been into inlines for a few years. I have a .50 caliber Knight DISK rifle and a Traditions Pursuit in .45
I have not shot the .45 yet and have yet to find a good load for the .50 past 50 yards. Hope to try different bullets in both this summer. I did kill a doe with the Knight with sabot's and XTP bullets at about 40 yards a few years ago.

Welcome Don, what part of PA are you living in? I’m in Northampton County in Easton PA. I live on the North/East section where route 22 and route 33 intersect.

Welcome Don, what part of PA are you living in? I’m in Northampton County in Easton PA. I live on the North/East section where route 22 and route 33 intersect.
I am in Washington County. Right in the corner bordering Fayette and Greene County's.

:welcome: Welcome Don. What loads are you using in the disc?
So far I believe it was 100 grains of Triple Seven loose powder and Hornday XPT 240 grain bullets in the crush rib sabots. Plan on trying some bullets as opposed to Sabots this year. Not sure what I will try in the .45 as I can not find anything. I will admit I have not worked real hard with the inline's as I like my flintlocks best.

So far I believe it was 100 grains of Triple Seven loose powder and Hornday XPT 240 grain bullets in the crush rib sabots. Plan on trying some bullets as opposed to Sabots this year. Not sure what I will try in the .45 as I can not find anything. I will admit I have not worked real hard with the inline's as I like my flintlocks best.
Do you cast? Or plan to buy bullets?

Welcome. PA here also, Northumberland Co. Ed's bullets shoot great. I'm going to cast some myself and do some more testing. I've found that the 300 gr XTP normally shoots better than the 240 with the same CR sabot. Also try reducing your charge down to about 80 gr of loose. You may be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Latest posts

Back