Hello. New guy from Michigan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julio

Reaction score
Good day! I've been reading lots of great information submitted by the forum members, and it's time to join. I am getting started with BP after many years of interest. I love the sidelocks with wood and blued/browned steel, but I am going to get a inline with syn stock so I can extend my whitetail season without having to worry about my (someday) primo wood-stocked sidelock getting wet and scraped up while I tromp through the Michigan brush or decide to quickly lie down next to the branch/log that helped me inspect the ground close-up (!). I use my firearms, and I try to keep them in great shape. Thankfully, I have few firearms designated for rough duty - so it's not a big deal if they end up a little worse for wear. My upcoming inline is going to join those two for hardcore deer hunting.
Looking forward to talking with y'all. Thanks for all the great info I have already enjoyed. Have a great day.

Welcome. Myself and many others on here started just like you. A way to extend our hunting season and more opportunity in the woods. Then it quickly snowballs into a passion/obsession for all things muzzleloaders. Good luck on your new journey.

Welcome neighbor, from north central Indiana.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Be careful because this can be really addictive. I started out wanting just an inline and now have eight inlines and five percussion sidelocks. Going to the range for a shooting session is one of the most enjoyable things I do.

Thanks for welcoming me. I am sure that BP can become addictive. I am pretty retro/old school and really like to do things myself. I am going to try sticking to a plan so I don't end up running down the rabbit hole. First, an inline 50 syn stocked with SS for all weather deer hunts. Second, a wood/blue side lock rifle for Squirrel/small game. Have to admit. I really liked shooting my friends cap& ball revolvers and those sidelock trapper pistols are sweet, and ....

Latest posts

Back