Help for a very green newbie!!!???!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmfinnegan2

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am very new to this. I just bought a TC Omega and basically what I am looking for are real world/people instructions on how to operate and clean it. I have a traditional style muzzle loader (TC Renegade) that I am very familar with, but I have no idea how different the inlines are compaired to the traditional styles.

I have been trying to read as much as I can on the inlines and their set up, and what people like to shoot out of them but a lot of it seems greek to me. Can anyone provide me real life instructions of what to do/use for my new inline. Or perhap a website where it is somewhat laid out.

I know everyone has different methods of doing it, but there must be some sort of similarities. Thanks.

starting out with your Omega rifle

If you want instant gratification as to accuracy purchase the following.

1 lb. 777 in 2f loose powder
1 box of 250 gr. shockwaves (factory supplied with MMP HPH-24)
1 T/C clear view powder measurer (calibrated in 5 grain increments)
1 bag T/C patches
1 tub T/C pre-saturated #13 patches.
1 box 777 primers

Optional 1 box 200gr. 50 shockwaves (blue sabot)

You can start with the 200 gr or the 250 gr bullets...your choice.

Start your charges at 95 grains and work up in 5 grain increments. If 2 bullets DO NOT touch I generally don't shoot the third. Just move up
to the next 5 grain increment. Stop at 120 grains. Some were in between 95 and 120 grains you will have a huntable group.

Wet patch (mouth wet) in-between shots and clean with the tub patches
after 3 shots. Be sure to dry your barrel with 3 patches after using the tub patches before continuing shooting. You can flip the patches over to conserve patches.

Choc-dog

Only thing I would add is make sure to use some type of anti seize grease/lubricant/tape on the breech plug. Make sure your removeable breechplug stays that way!

MObigbucks said:
Make sure your removeable breechplug stays that way!

If you should make the mistake that I did three weeks ago then you'll need to go to lowes, home depot and get some liquid wrench. I got some after shooting over 20 times with powders levels from 90-110 grains. My breech plug was literally stuck and there was nothing I could do...except pour liquid wrench down the tube and around the breech plug. Literally 3 minutes later the breechplug came out like it was never stuck. I now keep a bottle of it in my cleaning crate.

Paul

i tried using break-free as a breech plug grease one time when i was in a pinch and had forgotten the real grease. i will just go ahead and tell you in advance . . . it doesnt work. i needed a breaker bar to get that thing out. the next plug grease im going to try is slick 50 one grease. i have been using the ordinary knight breechplug grease, and it works ok. still can get a pretty tight breechplug, though, after shooting 20 or so rounds w/ 777 powder.

Back