Help with knight disc 45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjhans53

Reaction score
Went by the evil place today and he had a used SS 45 disc, with a fluted barrel (the knights I've had in the past were not bead blasted but this one is) in a camo stock for 100 bucks. I just couldn't walk away even though I've said in the past that I'll never own another 45. The reason I've stayed away from the 45 is I got one when they 1st came out that wouldn't group for nothing. But I've got one for the time being and if push comes to shove I can always put a 50 barrel on it. With the coming of BH209 I wouldn't mind playing with smoke again (went savage 3 or 4 years ago) Anybody having any luck with these things, thanks in advance
Ron

Hi Ron!

Well I'm sure if ya search the forum for Disc 45 you'll get loads of info :)

But you could start here:
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... ght=#87301

I have Three 45cal Disc Elites, with the 1:30 twist. I hope your new/used Extreme is also the same twist.

If however, your 45 is a 1:20 twist, I would gladly give you your 100 bucks back, plus $30 extra for shipping it to me 8) :wink:

It's just the good natured guy that I am :D

Hey Lane,
I just purchased a N.I.B. Disc SS Elite .45 that is being shipped. I didn't know about different twist rates for the Knight .45's.

Did the Elite .45's have different twists ? Can I tell what I have by just looking at it or serial number ?

BTW I modifed my domed (Revolution) breach plug like you advised with the 1/8" and #60 drill bits for my Elite .50; but ran out of BH209. Will try it out when my order for BH209 arrives. :)

Thanks.. Rob

I'm pretty sure all the .45 Elites are 1-30. If your gun has flutes then it is a Super Disc .45 which may be a 1-20... check Precision Rifle bullets web site... Cecil has instructions on how to determine your guns rate of twist.

Back