Heres how its going

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're a lot harder to shoot once you've named them.
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Christmas GIF by Netto Marken-Discount

Bumper Burger. Not for me, but I know a couple guys who thrive on it. Of course they only have about four teeth each and put new coveralls on on New Years day and call it a clothes change for the year too.

Heres how it ends. My Buck season is over.

Pretty slow this morning. I had until 10:00 so I could go visit my mom and grab a bite. At 9:30 I had a fawn run by like the tail was on fire. I expected a big buck to follow (right now I interpret everything as a big buck will follow). I have the window open and the gun on a rest. (Im ready) Two minutes later I see movement coming, yep Im ready, this is it. Trotting through at 90 yards is a spike, 20 feet behind another spike. I grunted and they both stopped. The one had nice spikes but the other was a mutation of some sort. I had the crosshairs on him thinking I would do the genetic world a favor. I passed.

At 1:30 Lewey came out to feed that Tapeworm. He grazed for an hour and decided to sleep it off about 20 yards behind me. He slept it off and walked away at 4:00. No other deer showed so that's how it all ends.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I did have a lot of entertainment on stand.

Wednesday evening I start doe season until 1/1/24. Im sure those bucks will show up and rub my nose in it. I smile.

Disregard for the 4 legged hairy angels among us is infuriating to me. If they are responsible for unprovoked attacks, then euthanasia is needed. Far too many inconsiderate people have no business owning dogs. IMSO.
aint that the truth
it's to bad there are some that know nothing of being responsible and their animal's suffer from it, way to common too.
back to hunting I would love to have a longer season to hunt with a rifle but around here(Wisconsin) when the DNR proposed a longer season it was rejected
I don't see a problem with more hunting but apparently there are a lot of people that do
it's nice to be able to take your time and pick the one that you want but around here there is also a lot of it's brown it's down as well

Latest posts

Back