Home Cast Conicals For Inlines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
In the interest of economy and self suffciency I'm thinking about getting a .50 caliber mold. The Lee Real Bullet & the Lee Modern Minne moulds seem very reasonably priced. I've cast bullets & round balls for my traditional guns. These would be used in my 700ML, Omega, and my MK-85.

The Lee Modern Minnie weighs about the same as the Hornady FPB. I've heard the Real Bullets work well in the fast twist barrel???

Have any of you had any luck with these bullets in fast twist barrels? Any other suggestions?

ive never had any luck shooting the REAL bullets. I know BS uses a lyman mold and that one shot good out of the rifle i tried them in. More than likely going to cost a bit of change for the lyman mold.

My 700ML shoots .490 roundballs really well over 80 grains of Pyrodex, but I was looking for something with a little more whumpability.

.402/.403 cast bullets with .40/.50 sabot?

Not to hijack, but as another idea...

Has anyone tried anything like a 330 Gr .403 bullet or a .402 255 Gr in one of the .40/.50 sabots?

I like the idea of a conical, but want a little less weight than full bore & a better ballistic coefficient.

Here's a couple of pics of what I'm talking about:
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,4951.html
http://www.theammodump.com/cbe_104.jpgh ... be_104.jpg

Or, am I just insane for thinking this might work?

Thanks,
-Mike

Swampman said:
My 700ML shoots .490 roundballs really well over 80 grains of Pyrodex, but I was looking for something with a little more whumpability.

Whumpability?

word

Whumpability should be added to the ML dictionary! I love that description!

Re: word

Bucker said:
Whumpability should be added to the ML dictionary! I love that description!

Websters defines it as "The ability to whump or cause whumpage."

Back