HORNADY BOOLIT DEAL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendit

Reaction score
I didn't know where I should post this but this forum seems to get more traffic than others
For everyone that might have a Academy Sports and Outdoors store near by today I found that they had Hornady bullets on clearance. They ranged from .20 cal. all the way to .50 cal.

For my .50 ML I picked up>>>>>
100ct .452 225gr FTX @ $18.00
50ct .452 265gr FTX @ $18.00
50ct .452 300gr Mag XTP 2 $16.00
They were sold out of heavy .429's

The 225gr are probably a little light but at the price I bought several boxes. Figured can use them in my .45 Colt firearms if they don't work out in a ML

We don't have one locally but im not seeing those types of prices at the Academy online store.

GM54-120 said:
We don't have one locally but im not seeing those types of prices at the Academy online store.
Yes I checked online myself and saw nothing about them. I don't know if it was just my local store or across the board. All I know with the price of lead going up these are a deal.

I really like the 45LC 225gr FTX for recreational shooting. My NULA loves them. IMO they are a bit fragile for full power hunting loads but i know of a few people that use them without issue. They would probably make a excellent reduced recoil load for the kids or if you simply don't need a full power load.

The .429 225gr FTX might be slightly better for this task though if they shoot well for you. 44mag rifle loads have a bit more zip than 45Colt rifle loads so the bullet should be a little tougher.

Sendit,

Those are great prices. Buy a bunch of them. The election is coming up and they will get scarce for a while. God help us if Hitlary gets elected.

They are on sale at my local Academy as well. Wish they had the 250 FTX!

Back