How i clean a Sidelock Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
This is probably better suited in my Sticky above about the Patented Breech/Fire Channel, I guess i could ad the Video to that anytime. First off I know there are Several Videos out there showing how to Clean, Some good, Some not so much. This is how i do it.

[youtube]OPo3tSrajss[/youtube]

Pretty sure i pronounced Sabots wrong, it is like Sa“Bow” Right?

I don't shoot quite as much as you Lewis, so the T-shirts I ruin working on the old hobby farm keeps up with my shooting habits. I'm just glad I'm not the only resourceful fellow....lol!!

waarp8nt said:
I don't shoot quite as much as you Lewis, so the T-shirts I ruin working on the old hobby farm keeps up with my shooting habits. I'm just glad I'm not the only resourceful fellow....lol!!

Cotton T-Shirts are the ONLY way to go for Blackpowder Patches in my opinion! I have a piece of Plexi Glass for a Cutting board and i use a Fabric cutter (looks like a pizza cutter) Works slicker than Grease to make up a BUNCH of patches in a hurry :yeah: I cannot take credit for the Fabric Cutter and Plexi glass, i learned that from a Funny character on YouTube (Blackpowder Maniac shooter, or something like that?) Anyway it works darn good! I believe in giving credit where it is due, i see guy’s that sit on the sideline and “Lurk” these forums gathering advise, then claim they have done it that way all along

Back