How many deer do you average a year?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

encore4me

Reaction score
I shot 5 this year, 3 in W.Va. and 2 in Ohio.

3 with my Encore, 250 gr Shockwaves, 90gr.. 777
1 with my Browning A-Bolt 270 WSM, 130gr Win. Balistic Silvertips.
I with my Winchester Model 94 trapper 44mag.

Ohio MZ season is Dec. 27-30 I'm off all days maybe I can get one more. 8)

I usually average 4-6 deer between both states. I wish I had other oppertunities for different game but untill I get more $$ I will have to settle for deer.

Matt

Most years it's about 4. This year I took 5 and I'm pretty sure I'm done. Waterfowl and upland until turkey season rolls around. Oh and lots of reloading and range work! :D

Including does, I usually shoot 4-5 a year. This year I was involved in the murder of 9 deer although I only accounted for three of them myself. Luckily, there's usually a moose or elk thrown in there to really fill the freezer and a few other animals depending on how the draws go.

2 a year... both have to be bucks. Where I hunt they will not allow does to be taken. Fortunately both bucks were good size, 160 and 230 dressed...

I usually shoot 3 per year one each with my bow,Rifle and ML Usually nice bucks plus I go on a big game hunt mostly elk and am quite successful with this. This year I took two deer 2 nice 8 points one with Rifle one with ML also a bull elk. I might take a one with a bow yet this year.
Redclub

An average year would be 2 deer in the freezer. This year I got only one, with the muzzleloader. Last year, I took 3 deer; two in Missouri and one in Wyoming. So my avg. of 2 is still intact. In years when I get more than one, I give at to a food program run by the F & G dept.

Kodiak said:
An average year would be 2 deer in the freezer. This year I got only one, with the muzzleloader. Last year, I took 3 deer; two in Missouri and one in Wyoming. So my avg. of 2 is still intact. In years when I get more than one, I give at to a food program run by the F & G dept.
Kodiak, We do the same,Nice program.They grind it all up into burger,and hand it out at the local pantries.

most years 2.I'm the only one that eats venison,so 2 is a good number.Shot 3 this year,gave one away to a friend who can't get out much.The DEC finaly allowed a hunter to sign over his doe tag to another hunter.Just legalized what has been common practice for years.Many wives in NY kill deer without leaving the house.Not me though-wife won't eat it won't hunt either.

Charlie

Not as many as I would like. In my section of Ohio a hunter can only take one deer per year. So the answer is 1.

Depends on the number of tags I have. 2 years ago had 4. Took one with a bow, one with my new Savage ML, and 2 with my Savage 243. Last year had 4 and took 2 with my bow, one with the 10ML and one with my 30-06. This year had 5 tags. Took 4 with the 10ML and 1 with the 243. Prior to this had fewer tags, usually 2 but filled them all.

My average is getting closer and closer to zero all the time. When I started hunting, I would shoot 3 to 4 deer a year. Now, I don't shoot does and try and hold out for a Big Whitetail. I haven't shot a whitetail in 4 years....too fussy I guess. Good thing I shot a Muley this year!

From 1996-1999 0 per year.
From 2000-2003 1 per year.
2004 6 deer.
2005 3 deer with one season (for 1 deer) left to go.

Average: 1.3 deer per year.

Average 2-3 with in-lines & one with flintlock last 2 years. Took Muzzleloader Career 14th deer this season out of 56 total deer.

Lifetime Deer Baggin Average is: 1.4 Deer/Year :lol: Anyone guess how many years I've been huntin??? :lol:

Loggy that sounds like a good thread. "how long you been hunting?
Redclub

This season I've hunted for a larger buck but with little success. Normally I take a doe during bow and one during ML season every year.

The wife is dead ,the kids can kill their own,and I can eat out "bout" as cheap as I can cook. :lol:

I've killed two does with my .45 muzzy this year.I still have 38 days I can hunt this year. Missed my BIG BOY this year at 155 yds.Still scratching my head on that one.White lower chest hair for my troubles.This gun will shoot 2" groups at 225 yards.

Loggy said:
Average 2-3 with in-lines & one with flintlock last 2 years. Took Muzzleloader Career 14th deer this season out of 56 total deer.

Lifetime Deer Baggin Average is: 1.4 Deer/Year :lol: Anyone guess how many years I've been huntin??? :lol:

Them guns won't have much resale value left in them Loggy, if you don't stop notchin' yer gun! :shock:

Actually, I have hunted deer for 33 years so my total figure would be real close to yours. Thats with bow,shotgun, inline, sidelock, car and a knife.
Whut? :oops: sorry UC, I could'nt resist :lol:

Latest posts

Back