How many here DON’T watch the Super Bowl?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who doesnt watch the Super Bowl?

• The what bowl? I’ve got a cereal bowl

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Go Eagles!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Go Chiefs!

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Go shooting!

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Only watch for “wardrobe malfunctions”.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only want to see the commercials, and eat too much.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Day Drinking!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do not watch the Super bowl unless I have too, ie guests etc. I find that there is no "diversity" in the game anymore, just one color that gets all the attention, like th half time shows that are more like Ghetto Block parties than decent shows. IMHO

Watching millionaires play games is not on my bucket list. Nor are "hunting" shows with "sportsmen" shooting critters out of tree houses with scoped rifles, mechanical rests, around corn feeders in food plots. Might as well be shooting chickens.
Well,I agree with you. But, "Nor are "hunting" shows with "sportsmen" shooting critters out of tree houses with scoped rifles, mechanical rests, around corn feeders in food plots. " this sentiment in many forums including this one could get you alot of push back. I have heard hundreds of reason why "good ole Boys think they should be able to shoot out the window of their truck, Jacklight deer, use ATV's to run deer, Bait bears ,deer and anything else that moves. One reason many have turned against hunting is the way it is conducted by many "unethical" IMHO, hunters. Yes, I have listened to all the issues on disabilities etc that require you to have a 'ride" to hunting stand, electric hoist into your stand, Radar and Sensors with bait. Sorry, if that is the case, take up fishing. You can ride around in the boat all you want. Things change and we need to change with them, including health issues.:thumb:

Watching millionaires play games is not on my bucket list. Nor are "hunting" shows with "sportsmen" shooting critters out of tree houses with scoped rifles, mechanical rests, around corn feeders in food plots. Might as well be shooting chickens.
I saw YouTube video a while back, from a relatively popular "hunter" somewhere in Texas. He was basically hunting paid private land with feeders, in a 50-ft high heated blind, and a $5k rifle setup that makes 500 yard shots no problem.

I made a comment about that style of hunting seeming like a video game, with no negative intention, I enjoy playing video games. The dude went completely off on me, "You're not a real hunter, get some experience before you talk, blah blah blah..." He was REALLY pissed for some reason.

To each his own. Producing a watchable video suitable for viewing requires equipment, expertise, and of course someone to actually film the event. That's understandable and easy to see why "set up" kills are what we see. Sponsors pay to showcase their wares, so that's a given. Most of what actually happens is edited out. My point is pretty simple ....portraying such as described as "hunting" is hurtful to the sport because it does not portray the experience, heritage, nor ethics that will sustain our sport beyond our time. Without Fair Chase, it's not hunting.

Every time we watch someone stick a rifle out of such a setup, there's a crew (maybe only one guy) in the corner filming. Humorous to me is the obligatory shot of a dead deer in the foreground up close, followed by the appearance of the hunter as he/she "finds" the deer. "There it is!" ..uh, yup. Right in front of the cameraman.

I have a couple friends who are involved with high fence hunts. I just cant figure it out. What bragging rights do you get, what story of the hunt can you tell, what memory do you get of the hunt??????? I pay no one to kill anything. If I go home empty handed then so be it. I have a cousin who hunts elk. He would call my dad by 8:30 am opening morning and tell my dad about the elk he killed. My dad wasn't a hunter. He didn't understand. So I told him the story. The difference between sleeping at a hotel and shooting a carrot fed elk or sleeping in the cold and living out of a backpack for 5 days. I only killed two but they are my two. The hunts are ingrained in my memory. Ill never forget.

I stated in another post I visited my hunting buddy a few weeks ago to make plans for this year. We discussed previous hunts. We agree, we rode the line between stupid and bad ass. But we smile.

I hunt from an elevated stand maybe 12 feet up, but it's not fully enclosed. It has wind walls on the NW corner to help with stopping the prevailing wind direction but otherwise the sides are 34 inches. It has a nice gabled roof overhead, but I can assure you that if the wind is blowing much at all during even a light rain or drizzle, I get wet without raingear. Heat? I have to wear it.

That's about as enclosed as I want to be. Getting to the stand can be a dog with my lung disease but I slow down and manage fine. I'm eligible for a vehicle hunt permit but that's not for me. The landowner will give me a lift up there if I need it; he's offered to do so every year now for five years. I choose to walk. The stand is not near any crop ground or plot, it's in the woods. There is a small, water hole fifteen yards away. Depending on how many days I spend in the stand during the nine-day season, I can see upwards of a 140 a season and choosing what to shoot is pretty simple and I can be a fussy as I want. To me this is hunting. At one time I really enjoyed still hunting but as time took my wind away, I slowly retreated to the stand and I'm just greatful to be able to still enjoy the sport.

I know of one local hunter who has some fancy assed canon of a gun sighted for 750 yards, according to him. He boasts that he will not take an elk at under 500 yards. In the last three years he has elk hunted 3 times, a different state each year, fully guided, and has shot and hit an elk each of those years, failing to find the animal, with a guide no less, two of those years and on the third the guide had to kill his almost unrecovered animal. The fool makes good, ethical, hunters look bad. He shouldn't even own a gun. He's an attorney. He owns a Ranger boat, and he can't fish either. I just don't understand where hunters have begun to be so detached from good honest hunting.

I thought this was ridiculous/hilarious at the same time. The only passenger NOT watching the super bowl was really upsetting some people. Just a screen shot cuz i didnt want to link to some stoopid “news” site.
290C5FDA-5260-44DB-AAF3-0AFA858CF824.png

Tom, I hunt deer in Michigan from a stand I could live in. Im 67 next week. Ill take it easier from now on. No high fences but good honest hunting from a comfortable blind. I do have a deer hunt planned down south where its warmer. Trying to stay in the game with a little more comfort.

I hunt the way I want to hunt, you hunt the way you want to hunt but I hated the half time show and starting to hate NFL football just as much. To much garbage being shoved down our throats. Oh, and I also fish and this 76 year old enjoys his hunting the best way he can.

Tom, I hunt deer in Michigan from a stand I could live in. Im 67 next week. Ill take it easier from now on. No high fences but good honest hunting from a comfortable blind. I do have a deer hunt planned down south where its warmer. Trying to stay in the game with a little more comfort.
I hear ya. I have a few years on you, but I still like feeling free and enjoy the time i can have in the stand I hunt in. Everybody is different and everybody has their own needs or wants, and I don't mean to knock anyone for any of that.

I do not football. Some of my lady friends are into football worse than some men. In fact, sports in general don't interest me. Auto racing is ok. But I'm not a NASCAR fan.

Finally dawned on me that watching for ANY professional "sports" event anymore is far less rewarding than watching an anime cartoon.

I do not football. Some of my lady friends are into football worse than some men. In fact, sports in general don't interest me. Auto racing is ok. But I'm not a NASCAR fan.
If there’s one thing almost as boring as watching someone else play golf(i enjoy golfing occasionally) it’s watching cars zoom round and round, waiting/hoping to see a spectacular crash. A figure 8 race or smash-up derby! Now that’s a good time! Mud bogs and tractor pulls are ok but nothing beats a good ole car wreck!

My point is if you don't believe paid sports and anime are both scripted i have a bridge for sale.

I have a couple friends who are involved with high fence hunts. I just cant figure it out. What bragging rights do you get, what story of the hunt can you tell, what memory do you get of the hunt??????? I pay no one to kill anything. If I go home empty handed then so be it. I have a cousin who hunts elk. He would call my dad by 8:30 am opening morning and tell my dad about the elk he killed. My dad wasn't a hunter. He didn't understand. So I told him the story. The difference between sleeping at a hotel and shooting a carrot fed elk or sleeping in the cold and living out of a backpack for 5 days. I only killed two but they are my two. The hunts are ingrained in my memory. Ill never forget.

I stated in another post I visited my hunting buddy a few weeks ago to make plans for this year. We discussed previous hunts. We agree, we rode the line between stupid and bad ass. But we smile.
I love that fine line between " dumba$$ " & " Bada$$ " myself. I've spent most of my life trying to ride that fence & spent plenty of time on both sides of it too along the way.

If there’s one thing almost as boring as watching someone else play golf(i enjoy golfing occasionally) it’s watching cars zoom round and round, waiting/hoping to see a spectacular crash. A figure 8 race or smash-up derby! Now that’s a good time! Mud bogs and tractor pulls are ok but nothing beats a good ole car wreck!
I'll sit there with you and watch paint dry & grass grow, right after I watch golf with you & I'm gonna need a large quantity of " assorted refreshments " too. No way in hell I'm doing any of that sober!

I do not. Even if I did enjoy watching it I can't justify sitting down and watching TV for that long. And frankly I am a bit sickened by some of what it happening in professional sports in terms of the disrespect towards our national anthem, etc.

Back