how many of you can???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday Hunting

Yeah, it's the same here in Pennsylvania. The issue has gone before the Game Commission for years but never gets passed.

we can hunt every day of the week. I think turkey has something screwy about hunting on certain days.

whats the deal with no hunting on sunday? The animules goin to church?

Wisconsin you can hunt any day of the week. Sunday is a good day to hunt. Stay in the woods and wait for all the hunters to walk out for the football game. They move a lot of deer.

As a pastor I've learned that you can't legislate people into a relationship with God. If someone doesn't have this relationship first, you can't make them have one by outlawing hunting or any other activity on Sunday.

Rom 14:5-6 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. (6) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

There are those that would say, "I can worship God just as easily on the golf course, the lake or in the woods as I can in a church." To them I would say, maybe so, but most likely not. That's why God's Word says, Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

and

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Jesus made a habit of shattering the traditions of man to show the glory of God. He also made a habit of being in close communication with the Father at all times. So what is the conclusion of all this? Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength. When you are satisfied with the amount of time you have spent in His house, then head to His woods with a grateful heart and a grin on your face. :D That's what I do.

Be blessed.

I live in Pennsylvania where hunting on Sunday is not allowed. Years ago, when I lived in the country and could hunt out my backdoor I liked that there was no hunting on Sunday. I never posted my ground and I liked that I could have that one day to myself and know that no one was going to be in the woods hunting if I wanted to run the dog or cut wood etc. It was nice for me and the neighbors to have a day off, so to speak, from hunters being around.

These days I am more 50/50 on the issue. It would be nice to hunt both days of the weekend. When I visit Iowa it is nice that we can hunt any day of the week. If I had a vote on it, I would be for Sunday hunting in PA now.

And I do not think people should be barred from doing an otherwise legal activity because of someone else's religious beliefs. JStanley is correct--the government cannot legislate people into religion and the government should not try to. I don't want to rest on Sunday--I want to go shooting and hunting :wink:

BuckDoeHunter said:
Ya that's ridiculous! What would it take to change it?

No restrictions like that in Iowa.

It would take an act of God to get it changed. To many people running our state from Mass and New Hampshire.

:D 8)

No problems like that in IL. I know that for the entire DEER HUNTING SEASON whether it's with a bow, ( 1 Oct '11 to 16 JAN'12)? to the Fire Arm Season ( 3 Days in Nov, 4 days in Dec and an additional 6 days in Jan '12). Sundays are fine :!: :!: :!:

That's one of the old "blue laws" that are still on the books. It wasn't too many decades ago where almost all places of business were closed on Sunday. Car lots are still closed here in IL on Sunday but they're about the only places that aren't open. No restrictions on hunting or fishing or any other activities here on that day that I'm aware of.

Ohio used to be no Sunday hunting but several years ago it changed. We can now hunt each day of the week.

FAB

Ohio used to be no Sunday hunting but several years ago it changed. We can now hunt each day of the week.

FAB

In Ohio the Game commission first allowed Sunday hunting for groundhogs only due to pressure from farmers. Most said it was the only day they could get out to do it. Then the Game commission finally ushered in Sunday hunting for everything on public lands only. Finally after enough pressure from hunters at the yearly meetings it was changed to statewide Public and Private lands. Write or E-Mail your Game Commission. After all they STILL work for you and you pay their wages. No Sunday hunting is as stupid as No Sunday fishing would be . Since the law was enacted in Ohio I can tell you that my son and I have killed more deer and small game than ANY other day of the week. Take the time to make yourself heard on the issue. It's no skin off your politician's noses only more revenues.

No hunting in VA on Sundays still. It comes up in the Gen. Assembly every year and somehow gets shot down (pardon the pun).

(That is unless you are a high-falootin' politician who wants to hunt fowl on a game preserve...then it's ok (actually it's because it's Federal land)). :D

24/7 365 here in Texas 8) Not for Game animals....Whitetail and others that are considered Native Game have their seasons. But Feral Hogs are year round day or night

Sunday hunting is legal in Colorado if you can handle the weekend warriors.

Back