how many of you can???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shhh, now everyone knows! Now I guess I'm going to have to watch the Packers this Sunday! Good luck Saturday Cayuga.
cayuga said:
Wisconsin you can hunt any day of the week. Sunday is a good day to hunt. Stay in the woods and wait for all the hunters to walk out for the football game. They move a lot of deer.

I live in Mass. and right now we can't hunt on Sundays either but I heard some sportsmans' groups are trying to get it changed. I sympathize with you guys from other states that have yuppies from Mass. & NY trying to change the laws on you just because they buy land there. People need to start minding their own business in these matters.

I live in Maine.This issue has come up on more than one occasion.The Sportsmans Alliance of Maine (SAM) was a voice for the hunters.what it came down to was a compromise,if Sundays were allowed the season would be shortened by a week.the state felt that the extra time would be detrimental to the herd (deer).Unfortunately I have to agree, although I think we should have Sundays to hunt.I believe there are more circumstances affecting our herd way more than Sunday hunting would ever do!

nmaineron said:
I live in Maine.This issue has come up on more than one occasion.The Sportsmans Alliance of Maine (SAM) was a voice for the hunters.what it came down to was a compromise,if Sundays were allowed the season would be shortened by a week.the state felt that the extra time would be detrimental to the herd (deer).Unfortunately I have to agree, although I think we should have Sundays to hunt.I believe there are more circumstances affecting our herd way more than Sunday hunting would ever do!

I agree, i dont think sunday hunting would change deer numbers much at all. Most hunters from maine get one day a week unless they use vacation days or unless they have a weird kinda work schedule that allows for time in the woods.
If they are concerned about deer numbers they should worry more about yote/bear fawn kills and deer wintering yards that sunday hunting. let people hunt over food plots where they could make better more accurate shots. be more selective on what they kill. Looks at other states and how they manaage their deer.

We can hunt Sunday in AR but being retired I mostly hunt on the other days of the week except when the moon is just right for an afternoon hunt as church is in the morning.

JStanley said:
As a pastor I've learned that you can't legislate people into a relationship with God. If someone doesn't have this relationship first, you can't make them have one by outlawing hunting or any other activity on Sunday.

Rom 14:5-6 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. (6) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

There are those that would say, "I can worship God just as easily on the golf course, the lake or in the woods as I can in a church." To them I would say, maybe so, but most likely not. That's why God's Word says, Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

and

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Jesus made a habit of shattering the traditions of man to show the glory of God. He also made a habit of being in close communication with the Father at all times. So what is the conclusion of all this? Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength. When you are satisfied with the amount of time you have spent in His house, then head to His woods with a grateful heart and a grin on your face. :D That's what I do.

Be blessed.

Well stated. . .very well stated!

Latest posts

Back