How much are YOU willing to spend on a muzzleloader scope?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much are YOU willing to spend on a muzzleloader scope?

• Less than $100.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100.00-$150.00

• $150.00-$200.00

• $200.00-$300.00

• $300.00-$400.00

• $400.00-$500.00

• OVER $500.00

• Total voters

big6x6

Reaction score
Just wondering what IS the average price we're willing to spend on a muzzleloader scope?

$150-200. I try to buy the best scope I can afford.

I've found some great pricing on good glass on Ebay... I was able to get my Zeiss Conquest 3.5x10x50 for under 400.00 delivered...

What you want is a $500 + scope in the $300-$400 range. I've bought three like that. :wink:

I spent $150 on a ML scope as we can only use 1x where I hunt.
If we could go up in power it would be in the $300 to $400 range You can get a mighty fine Leopold for that
Ken

I choose th 150 to 200 range but with being on abudget it is hard to so I shop around and see what I can find that is in that range in a discontinued scope or ML for that matter. I am just getting more in Muzzleloading and got here when the Knight Disc Elites came along at a great Price though I looked at them in 2004 for about 429.99 I was surprised what I got it for and then found a Simmons 3-10x44 Mag that once went for 130 to 150 for 90.00 so I thought it was enough scope for me. Now I am just waiting on Rings and Bases to get here... Went with the Burris Sigature Zee Rings (High) and Warne Bases not sure how well this set up will work but I have the Burris Rings and Bases on another CF Rifle... So only time will tell...

Here trying to learn and been learning how much differences there is in ring heights and Bases already next will be how much powder and what Sabots will work have some PR QT's and Dead Centers as well as some Shockwaves to try with the Triple 7 Pellets that I was using with a Traditions .50 Cal and Winchester 209 Primers.

At least it is a place to start...

Thanks to all that have posted to all my questions thus far...

Mike/LFM

Patrick White said:
I try to buy the best scope I can afford.
I agree with Patrick. I didn't vote because I try to buy the best I can afford when I need it... 200, 300, and 100 have been the last three .

Im in the same boat as Redclub....With only a 1X limit during muzzle loader season I spent $116.00 including shipping for a Sightron 1X.
I probably would have spent abit more if I could have went with some power. I have a Leupold vari-x III on my 7mm and like that scope alot. But justing getting started in muzzleloaders I am trying to keep the cost down until I get all the goodies I need, then see what happens!

If I tell you how I voted you might want more for your discards. :lol:

Well, I voted over 500. I really don't want to pay much over that, but I figure that if I can't see it, I can't hit it, and sometimes the only shot is at last light.

I know I couldn't shoot a nice buck last year because I couldn't see the crosshairs on him even tho I could see his horns. He wouldn't stop moving, and the window to shoot was small. I didn't shoot even tho he was between 25 and 30 Yds away. That's O.K. tho because I ended up with the one in my Avitar on the 2nd to last day of MZ season (one buck/year here)

That was with a 6-18x50 Leatherwood scope set on 6x. If I would have had the Vari-X III Illuminated Mil-Dot reticle scope on it that's on my slug gun it would have been a different story!

Blue-Dot-37.5

I need to look thru a Ziess Conquest at last light to see how they compare to my Leupy's.

Blue-Dot, When I come up fishing,I will pack along a coulpe that have a Zeiss Conquests on them.You will like them. I voted on the $500 range.Since I stopped buying the "consumable" scopes,I have not had to replace any,there fore saving cash.Pat is correct about E-Bay,you can get some good deals on brand new Conquests.

I just bought a swift 3x9x40 scope from chuck for 55 dollars. So 55 is my answer! :wink:

BTW, Chuck is a great man to deal with and a man of his word. The scope was better than advertised!

I voted $150 - $200. I just put a Sightron SII 3x9x42 on my MK85 this past summer. It was on sale, out the door for $187.00 :D

I voted for 400 to 500.

Seems to go up as I age, I guess I need a better scope as my eyes get worst.

Heck at this rate by the time I hit 70, I be using a Swarovski or Schmidt & Bender

A cheap scope isn't a bargain. Especially when it fails you at the most opportune moment. I bought a 2.5X Burris for my Black Diamond. I paid a bit more for it than some other models but my experience with Burris handgun scopes is very positive. So I figure that it is the same with their rifle scopes.

Latest posts

Back