How Often

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuffy

Reaction score
Do you clean your 10 ML 11??? Do you find that when you do clean the 10 ml 11 that a fouling shot is needed for good accuracy???

I never actualy clean my 10 ML or my 10 ML II. I run a 20 ga brush thu them between every shot at the range, and I take the breach plugs out and relube it after every trip to the range. If you want to call that cleaning OK, but I sure don't.

Snuffy,

After I shot my 10 ML at the range before hunt I dont not clean etc. If its zeroed...I do not disturb! :lol:

Matter of fact, I find cleaning similar to my cf's. I do after several range sessions (say 100 shots) remove and clean breech plug & liner. I then also clean bbl with a good solvent & protect with a lite coat of oil. As mentioned, find this gun same as my other cf's as far as maintenance exceptuion being the breech plug.

Be interesting to hear what all the other 10 ML guys do!

I clean mine real good when I first get them as they have a black gunk in the barrel. After that I clean mine every 40-50 shots. I always shoot a fouler after cleaning prior to shooting for groups. I drypatch between shots too.
Loggy turned me on to the CVA advanced Sabot Shooters Solvent, and that is what I use to clean with. That and Carb. cleaner!
I remove the breechplug, spray it with carb cleaner, brush it with an old toothbrush and spray it off, then remove the ventliner, drill out the carbon and spray it out and rinse with the carb cleaner. Then I spray the barrel breech plug threads with carb cleaner and use my breechplug brush a couple of swipes then spray it out again. Then I clean the barrel with the sabot solvent, put the "Stick" never seize back on the breechplug, wipe the rest of the breechplug with Breakfree and reinstall. Then I wipe the gun down on the outside with Breakfree and all done. Takes about 30 minutes tops, but I am thorough and maybe a little slow.

Back