I like escargo, but

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah those are the big ones. Someone smuggled some in to sell as pets and then someone turned a couple loose into the wild. Now the things are in several areas in Florida. The African Giant Snails eat most everything too. They can devastate a food crops. They breed super fast.

Yes they eat them in Africa. The things are popular there. They like to serve them up like popcorn chicken. But they can and do transmit diseases. The rat lungworm causes meningitis in humans. But if you farmed them in a clean environment it would be much better. But they are illegal to own etc. in the USA.

https://www.fdacs.gov/Agriculture-I...es/Invasive-Mollusks/Giant-African-Land-Snail

Last edited:
Yeah those are the big ones. Someone smuggled some in to sell as pets and then someone turned a couple loose into the wild. Now the things are in several areas in Florida. The African Giant Snails eat most everything too. They can devastate a food crops. They breed super fast.

Yes they eat them in Africa. The things are popular there. They like to serve them up like popcorn chicken. But they can and do transmit diseases. The rat lungworm causes meningitis in humans. But if you farmed them in a clean environment it would be much better. But they are illegal to own etc. in the USA.

https://www.fdacs.gov/Agriculture-I...es/Invasive-Mollusks/Giant-African-Land-Snail
🤔 Kind of reminds me of something I love eating raw!!! Even gets slimy like snails 🐌 do!!!! 😉

🤮 Nope
View attachment 35443
There isn't enough ketchup or hot sauce in the world to get me to eat snails
Same here brother, not enough hot sauce, bacon or tequila on the planet! Thats one good way to get me to lick the cats a$$ just to get the taste of them out of my mouth. A very firm " NO THANK YOU "! I see that pic & the only thing I'm thinking is " wheres a giant salt shaker when I need one "!

I remember being in Portugal and the street vendors sold snails to eat. They rolled up newspaper into a cone shape and filled it with snails. It was sold on just about all of the street corners too.

I do agree in that the ones I ate were quite delicious. They were basted in garlic butter and had a nice sweet like flavor to them. But these were not the African Giant Snails though.

Back