I Upgraded

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck

Reaction score
This is a big day for me! My wife went w/me as i traded some guns including a Ruger 44 mag redhawk she bought me when we first got married (I'm bragging) and was able to get a .50 / SS TH Pro Encore black composite, Burris low rings also Nikon Omega BDC 3x9 black matte scope. Anyhow based on what I read in these forums I'm going to start w/ 110 gr T7 loose, T7 209 primer and TC 250 grain SW super glide. I plan on using the alchohol and windex wet patch then dry patch swab method both sides I read here fron one of you regulars. I just learn so much reading this it gets confusing and each person has twist to what works (not to say your twisted). Ohio gun opens Monday so I hope i can have this shot up and ready otherwise I'm taking the Shotgun. But when you can get a rig like this, better late than never! Thanks guys, keep the goosd info coming!

Congrats on the new smoke pole I think you are pretty much on track with your load , should work out just fine for your setup .

Hope you get it lined up and maybe you can post some pics of it and the big buck I know you will get with it.

GOOD LUCK & SAFE SHOOTING

RON G.

It sounds like an excellent rifle and outfit. Good luck. The load you picked should work real good. Be sure to let us know how well it shoots for you.

Hit it good!

Bore sited at 6 inches low, 4 inches right. The Nikon has 1/4" adjustments so my second shot clipped a 3 inch black circle my 3rd bulled!~ Yesssss I am officially cranked up. 8 and 9 shot cut each other so that was better. I could not get time on the 100 yard range so I left it at 3 inches high at 50 yards? I will take my range finder and see how it does this afternoon at 100 and BEFORE I hunt w/it. I will be sluggung this a.m. They are calling for rain-rain and then more rain here in Ohio for the 1st day so I will get my jon boat out and go sit in the woods. Just wanted to give you all an update before I leave. Hunt Safe!

That should be a great outfit! 3 inches high at 50yds is probably going to be a good bit high at 100yds...

Back