Idaho News

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElDiablo

Supporting member
Reaction score
“A bill that would have opened Idaho’s muzzleloader-only hunting seasons to equipment that increases the range and accuracy of the primitive weapons appears to be dead.

House Bill 469 that would forbid the Idaho Department of Fish and Game from regulating the use of sabots, 209 primers and pelletized powder in muzzleloader seasons was held in the Idaho House Resources Committee on Wednesday.

Members of the committee appeared moved by testimony from hunters who opposed the legislation and feared it would jeopardize muzzleloader seasons, said Brian Brooks, executive director of the Idaho Wildlife Federation.”

https://www.lmtribune.com/outdoors/...cle_c3234f2c-71ec-5575-a66b-96233d816de3.html

it is still a muzzleloader
1 shot load from muzzle = muzzleloader
aint no getting around that

Thanks for posting. The boys and I are looking to make an elk hunting trip out westin 2025. I am just digging in on the states that offer muzzleloader hunts to non residents.

A few years back I think it was a privative weapons hunt and those with tags were hunters/stalkers, not just shooters.
If you want to use 209 primers, sabots etc hunt the general season with your ML.

If you spent two hours stalking an animal to get close for a fatal shot and have someone shoot from 300 yards behind you, how would you feel?

Last edited:
A few years back I think it was a privative weapons hunt and those with tags were hunters/stalkers, not just shooters.
If you want to use 209 primers, sabots etc hunt the general season with your ML.

If you spent two hours stalking an animal to get close for a fatal shot and have someone shoot from 300 yards behind you, how would you feel?

Well said 👏 and that would chap my arse for sure. Think I'd have to walk up and cut the antlers off as a now we're even gesture.

Latest posts

Back