Indiana Deer Hunters!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuffy

Reaction score
My son lives in Louisville KY. He is a student at the Baptist Semenary. I would LOVE to find a place for us to hunt in Southern Indiana or Northern Kentucky for next year. Any of you Indiana boys want to help out a couple of Alabama rednecks????? He will be living there for at least another 3 years. We don't get to hunt together much anymore. Hows the public hunting up that way and what are the chances of finding privite land to hunt on????

Snuffy,
Lots of great public land hunting just over the river from Louisville.
Clark State Forest-25,000++ acres
Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge-50,000++ acres
Harrison-Crawford State Forest-26,000++ acres

They always produces good Indiana bucks.... Lots of does to fill the freezer as well. Go to the IDNR website to glean a bit more information on each area and good luck...

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/huntguide1/huntarea.htm

If you want to chat a bit more as season nears I can try to help you pick a spot that works for your style of hunting...

Ps... Some of the best people I know are from Alabama!!!

I used to hunt about 1/4 mile east and about 1/2 mile north of Tobinsport Indiana. There is a very large tract of Hoosier National Forest up there. Staying closer to the Ohio River should net you some nice bucks if you do some post season scouting right now looking for this last seasons rubs.

If you have a GPS you can then mark stand locations for next year. E-mail me and I can give you some details on GPS,software and possibly pin down directions to the area I refer to.

Hey Snuffy, are you from Moulton ? There's a Snuffy on the Alabama Deer forum. I'm originally from Moulton ( Wren ). I hunted Indiana a few years ago with a guide. Didn't get a deer, my buddy got a nice one. Saw some big deer up there. Would love to go back. It's great your son going to Seminary. My son graduated from Southeastern a couple years ago. Was at a church in Florence but is going to start a church in Murfreesboro, Tn, just down the road from me. Now I'll be able to teach those grandkids the wonders of the outdoors. Good luck if you go to Indiana.

Latest posts

Back