Iowa Hunt Report

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I have been on many guided hunts, so this hunt was not my first rodeo. I will say that this was my FIRST mid west deer hunt and the overall experience was fantastic.
Being able to hunt where Boone & Crockett bucks are living was a real plus. I hunted 3 1/2 days and saw 3 shooter bucks, 2 scrub bucks, and count less does and turkeys. I just wasn't able to connect the dots and hang a tag one. My group actually gave up 1 1/2 days of hunting because one of the older guys in our group recently had a heart attack and wasn't feeling good. So we cut the hunt short.
Food was down home stick to your ribs GOOD and the guides got us to our stands well before sun-up and early enough for the evening post. Stand condition and locations were ideal. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the hunt and I left a deposit for a return trip. One lucky guy in camp killed a real beauty. Here's a pic of what he killed...
I want to give a big THANK YOU to Steel Creek Outfitters for making my first mid-west deer hunt experience GREAT!!!!! [up]

DSC02784.jpg

Sound like you had a good time. That looks like a 6 X 9.

I'm glad you had a good time Jimmy... Actually..the weather probably was a little warm for best success... That one deer is a BRUTE!

big6x6 said:
I'm glad you had a good time Jimmy... Actually..the weather probably was a little warm for best success... That one deer is a BRUTE!

That's for sure!!!! I had all kinds of warm clothing and it was never needed. I'll be going back for sure!

Jimmy...That's amazing......!!!

What did the deer weigh?
Wish you would have called me...If I could have I would have met you half way for lunch or coffee.
If you get this way again give me a call 319-646-2086

Boy, hope I don't regret this.... :lol:

Grouse said:
Glad you liked your hunt Jim. What load was your friend using in his Encore?

I think his load was 130 gr. Pyro pellets and a 285 gr. Spitfire.

Jim,
Glad you had a good time and do not worry you will get one of his older offsprings next year or so... :)

Wow, thats about all i can say. Glad you had a good time and sorry about the freind and his medical conditoin, I hope he is doing better.

Back