Is this Traditions breechplug the same as the RemGen's?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWThomas

Reaction score
I was looking at this breechplug at Bass Pro last night and it looks exactly like the one that's in my Remington Genesis. I was wondering if it's the same one since Traditions makes the Genesis for Remington.

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop ... Code=A1446

Also, what do you guys use to clean the firing channel in your breechplug? Nipple pick? I have heard some people say they use a drill bit to clean the breechplug, but what part? Are you just using it to clean the nipple? Or are you using an extremely small drill bit that actually fits all the way down the firing channel?

After reading about it here, I tried a drill bit for the last cleaning of the Genesis. I think it was 7/32". I just turned it by hand to clean out the larger part of the plug and quite a bit of black stuff came out. I didn't have a bit small enough to go through the tiny hole closest to the primer at the back.

BrewerGeorge said:
After reading about it here, I tried a drill bit for the last cleaning of the Genesis. I think it was 7/32". I just turned it by hand to clean out the larger part of the plug and quite a bit of black stuff came out. I didn't have a bit small enough to go through the tiny hole closest to the primer at the back.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. If people are just using a decent sized drill bit to clean out the nipple or are they also using an extremely small drill bit to ream through the entire breech plug?....

remove the breech plug and let it soak it hot, soapy water, use a small brush for the firing channel, and then rrun a pipe cleaner thru it. thats what i've always done and it works great

Back