It's Kit Time !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Under-hammer kit arrived this afternoon, i opened box n peeked at it. Fairly decent wood came with it. I'm tired after all the chores i have done. So i will pre-assemble it to see what i have n what else i want to get n add to the rifle. I am counting all my eggs to hatch, n saying they will be at least one very dead tick toter this Fall when the cap fires off !

My Under-hammer kit arrived this afternoon, i opened box n peeked at it. Fairly decent wood came with it. I'm tired after all the chores i have done. So i will pre-assemble it to see what i have n what else i want to get n add to the rifle. I am counting all my eggs to hatch, n saying they will be at least one very dead tick toter this Fall when the cap fires off !
That's awesome. Hope the build goes well well for you.

I have started the sanding on Forend, just have to finish the ramrod channel n make sure inside of it is smooth. Lots of work to get done over the next couple months. Have gathered some conicals up from members on both Forums. Smallest is a .401 125 gr Mini hollow base but is powder coated. Next up in weight is a Maxi style conical at 150 gr.

I have started the sanding on Forend, just have to finish the ramrod channel n make sure inside of it is smooth. Lots of work to get done over the next couple months. Have gathered some conicals up from members on both Forums. Smallest is a .401 125 gr Mini hollow base but is powder coated. Next up in weight is a Maxi style conical at 150 gr.
That's good. I hope you find the components to make a really nice shooter out of that one.

Try a 1/4" dowel, split the end with a hacksaw and wrap a course emery cloth strip around, worked or me anyway, I've built ( and am building) several of Doug's kits ...Good Luck I love my 5 UHs and hunt with them each year here in Wyo.

Try a 1/4" dowel, split the end with a hacksaw and wrap a course emery cloth strip around, worked or me anyway, I've built ( and am building) several of Doug's kits ...Good Luck I love my 5 UHs and hunt with them each year here in Wyo.
Trader good info, does the barrel lug soldier to the barrel ? Then you pilot drill small hole then install screw into the lug. That would be for the end of ramrod to sit in ?

This is one of my Barska bbls I sent to Doug so he could make it match any of my H&A actions I got from him. Doug has a HD ramrod Ferrell he can solder one on or you can. He dovetailed front and rear sight per my measurement request. The forearm hanger is drilled through to accept the ramrod and also dovetailed. My ramrods come to rest on the front of my flash bowl? when done. Don't take out too much wood in the forestock and the rod will have enough tension to not be loose. Might not be right for some but works for me. Having trouble with my camera ( or me) Sorry

Attachments

• P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    687.8 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    676.5 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    695.2 KB · Views: 1
This is one of my Barska bbls I sent to Doug so he could make it match any of my H&A actions I got from him. Doug has a HD ramrod Ferrell he can solder one on or you can. He dovetailed front and rear sight per my measurement request. The forearm hanger is drilled through to accept the ramrod and also dovetailed. My ramrods come to rest on the front of my flash bowl? when done. Don't take out too much wood in the forestock and the rod will have enough tension to not be loose. Might not be right for some but works for me. Having trouble with my camera ( or me) Sorry
Doug could not soldier as i don't have my bbl. yet. I am not running dove tailed sights on my bbl. I may drill n tap the barrel lug n both ramrod thimbles. I have plenty of time to work on it, 1st ML season is 3rd weekend in Oct.

Doug could not soldier as i don't have my bbl. yet. I am not running dove tailed sights on my bbl. I may drill n tap the barrel lug n both ramrod thimbles. I have plenty of time to work on it, 1st ML season is 3rd weekend in Oct.
be here before you know it and the rifle not done..Been there!

She is a beautiful kitty. My wife just got a pair of kittens. I built her, her own cat house 30 + years ago, heated, ceiling fan, sheet rocked, insulated, and heated with blue flame gas heater..she spends a good amount of time out there, her get away. One of the best investments i ever made for a stable marriage.. lol

I recently made an order from Pecatonica for a replacement butt stock for my .62. They told me they had to carve one as there were none in stock. They told me about two weeks delay. That’s about how long it took. Starting the fitting/ final shaping now. The finished one here was the one that was on the rifle. I like the pistol grip version much better.

Attachments

• 6B3ECA96-5914-4335-A169-D3C5EEF36339.jpeg
    6B3ECA96-5914-4335-A169-D3C5EEF36339.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 1
I recently made an order from Pecatonica for a replacement butt stock for my .62. They told me they had to carve one as there were none in stock. They told me about two weeks delay. That’s about how long it took. Starting the fitting/ final shaping now. The finished one here was the one that was on the rifle. I like the pistol grip version much better.
That new stock sure has some pretty grain to it. Nothing wrong with the original either.

Part of my rehab from a 2 mo illness finally getting to work on my Pecatonica H&A stocks. Glassed, ready for staining and final sanding, now the fore end. Dislike doing it, as hard as the buttstock for me anyway. Niedner style steel buttplate . I'm going to seek advice on correct staining once the rest is done

Attachments

• P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    700.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    709 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    745.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG