Ive Gotta A Question!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highoctane

Reaction score
Over the past few weeks Ive read in different "threads", whether current or archive a little bit of "shade" being thrown at Toby Bridges. What's up with this?

Jealousy mainly!

I shot Toby's Savages back in 2003 before the blowup, and I'd shoot with him again if the situation ever presents itself. Just no smokeless. First and last time for that!

Jealousy mainly!

I shot Toby's Savages before the blowup, and is shoot with him again if the situation ever presents itself again. Just no smokeless!

If that is the issue it's really sad.. The couple of times Ive talked with him he's always been helpful, and seemed like he didn't mind taking the time.

Yep, Wakeman wanted to be the new Poster Boy at Savage. Him and the Fan Boys did everything they could to assassinate Toby's character.

Little do most know that without Toby and Tony Knight traveling all around the country advocating for inline rifle inclusion back in the late 80's and early 90's, we'd still be shooting patched round balls out of sidelocks and flintlocks.

I've met and shot with both of those guys, and more than once. They called them the "Tobe and Tony Show", as coined by Tony Knight.

And you're right about Toby. He would go out of his way to help anyone that ever asked for or needed it.

Just remember, he was the pioneer for inline inclusion! Tony Knight had millions to gain selling and promoting his rifles, while Toby did it for the sport he loved. Much respect from me!

Last edited:
Read his "like to get Knight back on board" spiel. In other words he wont do a review unless he gets it free.

I would love to see Knight come back on as a sponsor, even as perhaps just a "Supporting Sponsor", so I could justify running an article now and then which spotlights their newer models.

He told me the same thing back in 2010ish about CVA. "I will when they get on board" is what he told me. No thanks, i dont need paid opinions.

Yep, Wakeman wanted to be the new Poster Boy at Savage. Him and the Fan Boys did everything they could to assassinate Toby's character.

Little do most know that without Toby and Tony Knight traveling all around the country advocating for inline rifle inclusion back in the late 80's and early 90's, we'd still be shooting patched round balls out of sidelocks and flintlocks.

I've met and shot with both of those guys, and more than once. They called them the "Tobe and Tony Show", as coined by Tony Knight.

And you're right about Toby. He would go out of his way to help anyone that ever asked for or needed it.

Just remember, he was the pioneer for inline inclusion! Tony Knight had millions to gain selling and promoting his rifles, while Toby did it for the sport he loved. Much respect from me!

Are you talking about Randy Wakeman??

is there a reason people don't like Knight
Enlighten me.

TB didnt get his free Mountaineer after testing the prototype. After that things went downhill fast between him and Knight.

Read his "like to get Knight back on board" spiel. In other words he wont do a review unless he gets it free.

He told me the same thing back in 2010ish about CVA. "I will when they get on board" is what he told me. No thanks, i dont need paid opinions.

I don't think you understand? Toby is not a rich man as in $. Very rich as far as Muzzleloading tradition, history, and knowledge that he passes on freely. I don't think there is another person that uses/references information from his site more than you do? This is how he makes his living, and what do you think his paid sponsors would think if he was highlighting a company that wasn't? How long do you think they would remain a paid sponsor?

You don't see NASCAR Teams with non-paid Sponsors Logos painted on their cars hoods and fenders on race day, do you? You dont see Pro golfers and tennis players wearing and non-paying companies logos on their shirts and hats on game day, do you? Magazines, hunting shows, etc,. I could go on and on, but I'll spare everyone.

Nobody could do what he does for free. Like I said, most are jealous, but don't have the dedication, résumé, or tenure. So they try to bring discredit, because it's easier than doing what he does.

Over the past few weeks Ive read in different "threads", whether current or archive a little bit of "shade" being thrown at Toby Bridges. What's up with this?
I think because over the years it appears that his opinions are swayed towards whoever is paying.

He got a loaner Mountaineer 45 1-20 from CEB to test their bullets. You hardly hear a peep about the rifle but overwhelming praise for the bullets.

Free stuff greases the wheel. Its been his M.O. for years.

is there a reason people don't like Knight
Enlighten me.

I currently own 5 Knights.

Not Knight as a whole, but current customer service is severly lacking at best, and non existent at times. I've basically given up, a while ago. I guess that don't bother some? Just one of my peeves.

He got a loaner Mountaineer 45 1-20 from CEB to test their bullets. You hardly hear a peep about the rifle but overwhelming praise for the bullets.

Free stuff greases the wheel. Its been his M.O. for years.

Do you work for free? If someone works for GM, they're not going to be going around tooting Ford and Chryslers horns. At least not for long, if they want to eat, and sleep indoors!

You are doing a great job of proving my point for me. His opinion is bought and paid for.

Thank you

Likewise, you proving my point of jealousy.

No, thank you!

I cant imagine what i would be jealous of? I have never had any website or made any attempt to be a "pro reviewer" in anyway shape or form. He has nothing i want or need so your "attempt to discredit the messenger" instead of the message has failed.

Ive proven my point and you have yet to prove anything.

I highly doubt that there's anyone doing reviews and testing that doesn't "pimp" just a little when it comes to sponsors. Now those that are "funding" their own reviews they can do what they wish but in reality, unless you got money to burn there's not many that go this route.

I cant imagine what i would be jealous of? I have never had any website or made any attempt to be a "pro reviewer" in anyway shape or form. He has nothing i want or need so your "attempt to discredit the messenger" instead of the message has failed.

Ive proven my point and you have yet to prove anything.

You never miss an opportunity to stick a barb in Toby, yet you more than anyone else on this site, uses his information every chance you get. Lots of armchair quarterbacks and internet experts abound, parroting what they have read. While others have been in the trenches.

well, i have shot enough muzzle loaders to know Toby, and Wakeman are full of BS most of the time

I am with busta in this, I read his blogs and visit his website often, why would knight not want to give him guns to test, seems wrong if you want people to get an idea about your product you put a few freebies out there, that’s what smart business people do. If I was him I wouldn’t review their products on my own dime , that’s stupid, if it’s good he gets nothing , they get free publicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back